Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Place to teach friend how to ride, Dublin?

• 19-07-2013 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Hey -- I live in Dub city centre thesedays. Gonna teach a friend the basics of how to ride tomorrow. Any suggestions on where around Dub? I'm from Wicklow so knowledge not so great...

I presume most car parks to beaches, forests, etc., will be jammers.

He's not gonna get to any speed, and mightn't even get to turning the bike. So just need long straight lines, but obviously best if on unused/extremely quiet/visible road. Or big quiet car park...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

There are a lot of car parks in business parks which will be quiet at the weekends. Just driving around your nearest one and you'll probably find an empty one.

I learn from someone in the Holly Avenue car park behind the Mazda/Opel dealers in Sandyford Industrial estate. It's easy to get to and it's empty at the weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Sandyford industrial estate is a good spot but be careful if the friend isn't insured or bike isn't taxed they are still public roads. Happy teaching :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

The Don wrote: »
    There are a lot of car parks in business parks which will be quiet at the weekends. Just driving around your nearest one and you'll probably find an empty one.

I learn from someone in the Holly Avenue car park behind the Mazda/Opel dealers in Sandyford Industrial estate. It's easy to get to and it's empty at the weekends.
    Sandyford industrial estate is a good spot but be careful if the friend isn't insured or bike isn't taxed they are still public roads. Happy teaching :-)

Cool, sounds good..thanks for the tip!

Advertisement