Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Beaches

Options
  • 19-07-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Thinking of heading to Sligo for weekend any recommendations on good beaches with children?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Rosses Point, Lissadell, Streedagh, Mullaghmore,Culleenamore near Strandhill. All safe for swimming.
    Strandhill=no swimming.
    All around Sligo/North Sligo.
    Enniscrone in West Sligo near Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

Thinking of heading to Sligo for weekend any recommendations on good beaches with children?

Enniscrone beach has benn voted in the top 10 across Ireland. You can see loads of pictures on the Enniscrone Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/Enniscrone.Co.Sligo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

KC, I am also from the same county, I was up in Sligo recently for a weeks holiday, and can vouch for evberything that the other posters say above. How old are the kids? There is a fabulous park about 40 kms south of Sligo which if the weather turens is great to bring them...Lough Key. But don't let that deter from Sligo.

Sligo is MAGIC. Go and enjoy yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

Went to Rosses Point great day, the only thing I could knock Sligo for is a lack of seafood on menus considering its a coastal county.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

Went to Rosses Point great day, the only thing I could knock Sligo for is a lack of seafood on menus considering its a coastal county.

Yes kildarecommuter, I could not agree more. Why is there so little seafood on menus in this area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Pete M.

Mullaghmore is pretty good too and there is seafood on the menu there.
    The three places have a decent choice between them.

This place is relatively new I think and serves classy enough seafood.
    Wouldn't be my bag though.

https://www.facebook.com/EithnasByTheSea

Give me salty chips and a bit of ketchup anytime instead thanks.

And the beach itself is safe, clean enough and big. Plenty of room for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Dunmoran Strand I think is the best beach is Sligo which is way I'm annoyed that its far away a bit from sligo. Id recommend u go as its up in Skreen. Here's a link to help ya:
    http://www.sligotourism.ie/adventure/dunmoran-strand/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

It's one of Sligo's many great beaches.
    Best beach, well that's a matter of opinion and what a visitor expects to find at their "perfect beach" will vary according to the visitors own tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭wayoutwest

Dunmoran Strand is my favourite beach. Sandunes,sandy beach,safe for the kids, plenty of room if you want a bit of space, rockpooles, trout stream, fantastic view and no tacky development. Had perfect day up there during the hot spell and ended the day with a decent sized seafood platter at the Beach Bar at Aughris Head [mile or two away] where we watched the sun go down in the bay.:)

Advertisement