Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi Festival August 2nd - 4th

Options
  • 19-07-2013 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭

Got a brochure from inside in the Theatre Royal, looks like another great line up including some great free gigs down in the WVW plaza - solar taxi, o emperor, etc. cant wait.

http://www.spraoi.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Yay, so excited. Really hope this weather holds for it

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

It's great that the SPRAOI Parade is followed immediately by the fireworks on the Sunday night. Looking forward to the weekend. Always great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

https://www.facebook.com/SpraoiWaterford

Invite your friends to like SPRAOI & let the world know about this great festival.

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

oops didnt realise there was a thread on this already. is the spraoi a family thing or is it a night time thing too??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

oops didnt realise there was a thread on this already. is the spraoi a family thing or is it a night time thing too??

pretty much a family thing yeah, loads of family entertainment on street, parade, acts, music etc and free. There are even various indoor things happening for smaller kids (called Sprog) eg baking cake thing. Id say its up on web page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

nice to see the parade going through the town centre , michael street will be buzzing for a few hrs at least...

Anyone have details about the music event going on in the Viking Triangle on Friday night? The details in the programme are fairly sketchy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was mentioned on TodayFM this morning, the lady talking about it was saying how Waterford was a beautiful city.

didnt hear that, great stuff Sully. One of the lads was telling me Heath from Home and Away was saying on today fm Waterford was especially brilliant when he was here (being groped by numerous women in Uluru). :D

Anyway, dont forget Gimme €5 this weekend lads, its easily worth it to keep Spraoi on the road, 21 years of deadly weekends now. Brilliant. I have a big collection of those orange spraoi wrist bands at this stage, Yes i paid for them all and will be giving 5 again this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

I was up for the rehersals yesterday in the spraoi office.. the floats look amazing lads..
    that and its going through town rather than around the park or down the quay.. the streets will be full of life. :)
    I cant wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Myself and Herself are heading down on friday morning for the weekend, will there be much on in the evenings & at night in the pubs/clubs?

Im sure most of the local pubs will have live music..
    Murphys:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/391753620924420/?ref=ts&fref=ts

The muggins play the three shippes
    https://www.facebook.com/events/204797489682936/?fref=ts

Masons:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1396384953912997/

Forum:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/363028800490284/

theres a few bits to get you started.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,545 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Myself and Herself are heading down on friday morning for the weekend, will there be much on in the evenings & at night in the pubs/clubs?

Saturday and Sunday evening on the Plaza have a great line up music wise. If the weather holds will be definitely worth getting down there for that

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Looks like heavy rain all weekend.

ikeano29 wrote: »

Sure it wouldn't be Spraoi without the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Has anyone seen brochures anywhere? I know someone mentioned Theatre Royal but I don't know will they be open this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

ikeano29 wrote: »

I reckon weather is going to be pretty good.:)

Not like a few weeks ago, more normal summer weather. Sunshine and a few showers..

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen brochures anywhere? I know someone mentioned Theatre Royal but I don't know will they be open this evening.

Yep , seen a lot of them around the place. Try pubs like the Munster/Downses/Geoffs if you need one this evening.

Should be plenty knocking around the town tomorrow

Pretty cool pic of Delreves rehearsing their show on the Waterford Crystal building on the Mall. Meant to be a great show

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=646903125334690&set=a.125480534143621.17338.110002412358100&type=1&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭madfcuker

I picked one up in the woodman on Monday.

WLR made a good observation during week; people in Waterford dont refer to august bank hol weekend as such but they call it Spraoi Weekend. Cant wait to get into see a few street acts and definitely a band down on the plaza. that act on the Menapia building looks great.

Dont forget your fivers lads/ladies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can't wait to see the friends that you only ever see at Spraoi and Christmas.

theres a homecomming.. loads of people comin to waterford from dublin and cork etc..

AdMMM wrote: »

xox

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

comeraghs wrote: »
    It's great that the SPRAOI Parade is followed immediately by the fireworks on the Sunday night. Looking forward to the weekend. Always great stuff.

Are the parade and fireworks generally good ? I am thinking of heading to Spraoi from Dublin but I need to come back Sunday night. I'm wondering whether its worth sticking around for the parade and fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

The Spraoi website is god-awful - should be a crackin' weekend though, loads of cool stuff for the kiddos!

fireworks are always a larf :)

Laneyh wrote: »
    Are the parade and fireworks generally good ? I am thinking of heading to Spraoi from Dublin but I need to come back Sunday night. I'm wondering whether its worth sticking around for the parade and fireworks.

the parade is usually excellent, im not a major fireworks fan myself but you know nice enough, parade is great though last few years i have seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

AdMMM wrote: »

Leaving you out of Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭moans3536

Was in town earlier today great buzz about. The naked lunch street act was good (kids cover your eyes) and loved the circle of two act. Well worth a fiver, don't forget to drop a fiver .

Advertisement