Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraoi Festival August 2nd - 4th

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I saw the fireworks from ferrybank,, I thought they were brilliant.

I didn't go to the parade as it was just to late for the kids (2 and 1) but if there was a raised place for the young kids to see the parade like the wheelchair platform at concerts it would be great, you could even charge for it and I'd pay.
    I love the fact it was thought the town again, I think this is much better. The worst parade I went to was the one around the park, it just felt like it wasn't even in waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Overheard two lads from Spraoi talking in the forum

"...can't go back to doing that park ****e, up through the town or the quay is the best way to do it..."

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭iphonehead

I enjoyed the whole weekend, from the acts to the bands to the parade, and a particular highlight for us was the planes on the plaza on Saturday morning followed by the free screening - the young lad was in his element. Can't believe I heard a few people practically abusing one of the Spraoi volunteers over the fiver... for gods sake - and the same people had huge cameras and moneys worth of equipment... walking around getting loads of photo ops for free and they abuse someone over a fiver... it takes all sorts I suppose! Well done Spraoi - you did the city proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

On the train back to Dublin now had a great weekend and will definitely be coming back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

I was in the parade myself, without the barriers I agree that people were bottlenecking and getting in the way of the floats, but it made the whole event that little more intimate.. The fireworks were great. but because we were down by the bus station where we were parking up the floats, there wasnt much of a breeze to take the smoke away.. so unfortunately alot of the fireworks were hidden.. but you cant win them all :)
    I really enjoyed the night and got to have fun and interact with loads of kids.. so it was a successtival in my eyes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

On the way home now after a fantastic weekend as always, delighted I travelled down.
    I pretty much spent most of it down the Plaza and there was some fantastic Music acts.
    Solar Taxi were excellent as always on Saturday afternoon followed by the highlightof the weekend, Spanish band Bombelo (Spelt right?) They sung some great songs and really got the crowd going.

Yesterday was a great day and thankfully the weather was fantastic all day.
    Where else would you get value like it for a fiver?

Congrats as always to everyone associated with Spraoi!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

another awesome spraoi, great act, great music, great organisation. take a bow volunteers and organisers for one of my most enjoyed spraois. Saw loads of street acts, nearly more than any year before. spent the weekend in town, buzzin! what an awesome festival. I heard some of the crystal palace fans said they had great buzz, hopefully they bring some of their London buddies back. mother nature was kind enough too apart from soaking me down at o emperor, came back and o emperor didn't disappoint.

AWESOME

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Fantastic job all round nod to the weather kept everyone happy including the pubs and Guards !
    I solved the issue of small kids and not being able to see , and the arms hanging off you from holding two kids for an hour and a half.
    Carry a handy step ladder put the kids up on it behind the crowd no bother.
    Except fellas taking the pee out of you carrying a ladder gets predictable after a while ......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Torann not closing out the party in the Forum was an end of an era I tells ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Had a brilliant weekend - just sorry I didn't get to see very much of it, with having to arrange trips into town around the baby's nap times. Saw a bit of Solar Taxi on Saturday - jeez they're good! And also saw Naked Lunch and the two French puppetteers - very funny both.

The Spanish act Delrevés (the ones abseiling down on the Waterford Crystal building on the Mall) were really something too. The parade and fireworks were great too. All in all one of the best years for Spraoi IMO.

I gave my fiver when the opportunity came by the way - like, how could you not? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

AdMMM wrote: »
    Torann not closing out the party in the Forum was an end of an era I tells ya!

Pull Up Orchestra and Brassroots were amazing, and then the few random songs were great and reminded me of Traffik, and then Lazy Habits came on and I thought they killed the atmosphere. Too slow and methodical, when Spraoi Sunday in The Forum has always been about going mental dancing and sweating off every bit of drink you got into you over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭joni1

Have to say I thought some of the street theatre acts this year were top class, particularly Naked Lunch and The Strong Lady. And the parade was the best in years. Hats off to the entire Spraoi team.

Advertisement