Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre backlog?

Options
  • 19-07-2013 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi,

ordered eFibre there on Tuesday, online. Got an email saying my order was being processed, and someone would be in touch 'in the next few weeks'.

Are you serious? Weeks? For someone to just get back in touch? And no doubt there will be further delay after someone gets in touch, before the installation actually happens. 

Am I going to have to wait months to get Internet back? A backlog?

And I'll be awful disappointed if you charge me for the weeks I'm waiting, before it's up and running...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mcbert wrote: »
    Hi,

ordered eFibre there on Tuesday, online. Got an email saying my order was being processed, and someone would be in touch 'in the next few weeks'.

Are you serious? Weeks? For someone to just get back in touch? And no doubt there will be further delay after someone gets in touch, before the installation actually happens. 

Am I going to have to wait months to get Internet back? A backlog?

And I'll be awful disappointed if you charge me for the weeks I'm waiting, before it's up and running...

Thanks.

Hi mcbert

If you would like to DM me your account details I'll look into this? It can take a couple of weeks for installation however you will not be charged for efibre until it is indeed installed.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭mcbert

Hi mcbert

If you would like to DM me your account details I'll look into this? It can take a couple of weeks for installation however you will not be charged for efibre until it is indeed installed.

Thanks

Al

Ok, Eircom got in touch, and looks like installation will now happen just under two weeks from when I first placed the order. A longer wait than I would have liked, but less of a wait than I feared. Fingers cross the thing works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mcbert wrote: »
    Ok, Eircom got in touch, and looks like installation will now happen just under two weeks from when I first placed the order. A longer wait than I would have liked, but less of a wait than I feared. Fingers cross the thing works!
    Hi mcbert

Glad to hear it. Thanks for updating the thread.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 37 davesneddon

Mark, I ordered mine on the 25th July and still haven't had anyone in contact to even set up an installation date. Can I PM you details to look into it? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi davesneddon,

Sorry to hear of the delays with your order.

The best advice I can offer is to contact our Fibre team on 1800 503 303, they will check this for you. They will have all details on your order.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 davesneddon

Hi Tracey, still nothing not even an installation date.

I've phone a good few times but its a waste of time obviously, I last called on the 22nd and they said it wasn't acceptable and they would escalate it but still nothing.

At moment I just want to get my order cancelled without having to phone up and go through all the explanation again.

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Tracey, still nothing not even an installation date.

I've phone a good few times but its a waste of time obviously, I last called on the 22nd and they said it wasn't acceptable and they would escalate it but still nothing.

At moment I just want to get my order cancelled without having to phone up and go through all the explanation again.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are having.
    Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement