Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enniscrone with kids

Options
  • 19-07-2013 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Heading to Enniscrone next weekend for a couple of days. We are camping in the Atlantic campsite - all being well as haven't been able to get in contact with them:confused:. We are 2 families with 6 kids between us aged 2-10. If the weather is as fab as it is now I imagine we'll spend most of the time at the beach but if the weather isn't with us can anyone suggest any alternatives? Also where is a child friendly place to eat?

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I asked on twitter for you and was told:
    Tracey's cafe, Maple Moose, Ocean Sands,The Pilot Bar and Áit Eile(Gilroys Bar)
    For things to do if the weather isn't great Waterpoint in Enniscrone, Tumble Jungle (indoor play area) in Ballina.
    Eagles Flying do indoor displays but are in Ballymote so a bit of a drive for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

Both hotels, the Diamond Coast & The Ocean Sands, are very family friendly place to go to eat out. Both hotels have loads of space for the kids to run around and both have supervised play areas. Prices are very reasonable and kids menus are on offer. As a treat Tracy's Cafe has lots of pancakes and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 enniscrone

The telephone number for the caravan park is 096 36132.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Castlemoyne

Thanks soooo much. I've made a note of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I'm just back from there and we had a ball.
    I had 3 kids with me (aged 5,4 and 2)

We spent most of the time on the beach as the weather was amazing.
    There is an amusement arcade there which is a bit of fun.
    There is mini golf and a playground, for the younger kids.

I brought 2 of the kids to the pilot bar for sausage and chips and it was quite reasonable.

In the mornings we got brekkie rolls and coffees in a shop just past the petrol station, for 4 euro (heading back for sligo town) as we found traceys a bit pricey to get every morning.

Gilroys is lovely for a pint with great views at the back of the pub.

If you like Indian food, spicy affair does great food.
    Plenty of early bird deals on offer..

The maple moose is great for the kids, they do pizza, ice cream, crepes etc.

Hope you get the weather we did.
    Enjoy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement