Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice pub grub city centre

Options
  • 19-07-2013 3:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Where's good for pub grub in city centre , is Carr and o Connell bar and grill anygood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭weldon

O neills on Suffolk Street does excellent pub grub. Nice beer garden too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

City bar on dame street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Bull and Castle beside Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

I agree that O'Neill's is reliable for standard pub food. Here's their website (you can check out their menus yourself):

http://www.oneillsbar.com/

Cheers,

Ac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Academic wrote: »
    I agree that O'Neill's is reliable for standard pub food. Here's their website (you can check out their menus yourself):

http://www.oneillsbar.com/

Cheers,

Ac

O'Neill's is defintely consistent for sure but I find their portions are just massive. Prices can be high too, €14 for some carvery dishes.

The Duke off Grafton St is good for pub lunches and I like the way you can order a half portion at the carvery for €7.50, it's still a decent size as full portions are about the same size as O'Neill's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't know if you'd count stonybatter as city centre it's about 10 minutes walk from Templebar but Mulligans Grocer is a hidden gem, excellent food and amazing selection of draught and bottled beer, if you don't mind a little stroll it's well worth the walk http://www.lmulligangrocer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

RATM wrote: »
    O'Neill's is defintely consistent for sure but I find their portions are just massive. Prices can be high too, €14 for some carvery dishes.

The Duke off Grafton St is good for pub lunches and I like the way you can order a half portion at the carvery for €7.50, it's still a decent size as full portions are about the same size as O'Neill's.

I didn't know they do half portions. Thanks.

For some reason I assumed that the OP was asking about dinner, and the Duke isn't currently serving it:

http://www.thedukedublin.com/menus/evening-menu/

Cheers,

Ac

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭QuantumP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

In addition to the Bull & Castle and Mulligans, there is Kavanagh's on Dorset St.

The Brew Dock at Busaras Luas stop, Against The Grain on Camden St (unsure if The Black Sheep does food).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

In addition to the Bull & Castle and Mulligans, there is Kavanagh's on Dorset St.

The Brew Dock at Busaras Luas stop, Against The Grain on Camden St (unsure if The Black Sheep does food).

The Black Sheep does food too. Delish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

unsure if The Black Sheep does food.

It does food alright. It seems to be as big a draw as the beer. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Kavanagh's/The Temple is a grand spot for grub, big portions too. Against the Grain is grand when it's quiet but on a busyish night it can take a good while to get beers and food off them (it's one of my "locals").

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sleepingghost

It has to be Sinnotts for me.

Sinnotts is situated on South King Street and is directly under the St Stephens Green Shopping Centre. Awesome spot for a bit of grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It has to be Sinnotts for me.

Sinnotts is situated on South King Street and is directly under the St Stephens Green Shopping Centre. Awesome spot for a bit of grub.

Food is poor and they only really do carvery during the week, unless that has changed in recent times. I would only recommend the sausage and chips, as it's hard to f**k up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I've eaten in Against the Grain a couple of times and it was poor. Black Sheep is excellent though.

The Bankers does good "traditional" food, bacon & cabbage, coddle etc. for a tenner.

Advertisement