Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boot camp noise disturbances

Options
  • 19-07-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone,
    Not sure if I have this posted in the correct forum or not...
    I am living in Coill Tíre, Doughiska in Galway (I know from previous posts there are a good few 'Coill Tíre' people on this!). I am living opposite the Doughiska park and for the last few weeks some girl has been running a boot camp in the park. It seems to be on on Tuesday and Thursday mornings and ever since she started I have been woken up on these mornings between 6.30 and 6.45 am with her roaring her head off! And the funny thing is most mornings she only has about 2 or 3 people so I don't know why she can't speak in a normal tone of voice-esp at this hour of the morning! My husband works nights from time to time and often he is just drifting off to sleep after a night shift only to be awoken by her! There is no excuse for the way she ROARS!! There is also a guy who lives in the estate running a boot camp who is a gent! He has more people for his bootcamps and is very discreet-you wouldn't even know he was there and if you pass him while he is setting up etc he is very friendly so there's no need for her to act like this! She has absolutely NO consideration for those arount her WHATSOEVER!!
    I'm just wondering what my rights are/where I stand in relation to this issue? I can't be the only one she is disturbing at the crack of dawn! And Im too chicken to go out and say it to her myself as then she and the people at the bootcamp will know where I live!
    This week so far shes been at it wed and Thurs morning and then low and behold I came out to my car yesterday evening at half 6 and there she was again shouting at the top of her voice!
    Please help! I'm ready to tear my hair out at this stage! Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Contact your local council about people using the park for commercial purposes(I'm assuming here that she charges fr the boot camp). The problem is that this might have a negative impact on the nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

A chap in Swords used to run a kettlebell class on a Saturday morning in a public park. Don't think he charged for it, it was free if they attended two paid classes at other location. Council came along the following year and said that he needed a commercial licence to run the class. He said fair enough and went to the council to get one. At the local council office he was told that they didn't sell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

For gods sake just go and tell her to move on or shut up! Who cares if she knows where you live. Probably a lot quicker and a lot more direct than trying to go through the council or whatever to get rid of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

"Would you ever go do that further away from the houses - you're waking up the whole street, bellowing like a heifer in heat. Consider the extra walk your warm up."

Short, sweet(!) and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Ask nicely but bring an airhorn if she says no stand behind her and blow the horn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you thought a quite civilised word with her ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Stick your head out the window and tell her to shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Lyn256

Easy solution-ask nicely and if she gives you any aggro, get stroppy with her in front of her clients (this'll prob put her clients off and then problem solved!)

I think that there is some ordinance regarding noise in residential areas before 8am or 8.30am not fully sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Lyn256 wrote: »
    Easy solution-ask nicely and if she gives you any aggro, get stroppy with her in front of her clients (this'll prob put her clients off and then problem solved!)

I think that there is some ordinance regarding noise in residential areas before 8am or 8.30am not fully sure though
    Same people who you contact for running a commercial operation in a public park, the council also look after noise pollution.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

sunshinw wrote: »
    am living in Coill Tíre, Doughiska in Galway

I just spotted that bit.

Is it still true that lots of your neighbours are guards? Surely they can find an means of sorting the problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Does she have website/ page? Send her email/ message. Or ring her mobile and ask her to keep it down

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

Go directly to her while she's conducting the "bootcamp" & have a word. But make sure her participants can hear you. This will have 2 affects

A-she will apologise and move to another location;
    B- is she tells you to get loss her participants will be embarrassed to realise that they are keeping people awake& they will move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Gatling wrote: »
    Have you thought a quite civilised word with her ?

Would be quite quiet.........

sorry.....will get my coat.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Imagine people just actually considered having a quiet word with her first before going and grassing her to the local authority or fuming pointlessly abiout it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

anncoates wrote: »
    Imagine people just actually considered having a quiet word with her first before going and grassing her to the local authority or fuming pointlessly abiout it.

If something happens to one of the people who are paying for her bootcamp on council property we the tax payers are liable, so even if she does shut up she should be made pay for the use of the park to make sure she has insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement