Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next step after getting mortgage approved

Options
  • 19-07-2013 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

After I get a letter from the bank saying that my mortgage is approved and that they will give me the money..
    what is the next step?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Assuming you havn't completed bidding yet;

- Bid on properties you're interested in. Get bid accepted.
    - Place booking deposit with EA (usually €5-10k). Get receipt
    - Engage a solicitor
    - Possibly jump through more hoops for your lender to satisfy their requirements.
    - Arrange survey of the property to detect any problems. If necessary, renegotiate price with EA/seller (if anything costly found)
    - Arrange valuation of the property for your lender.
    - Arrange life assurance for anyone on mortgage
    - Arrange home insurance
    - Sign contracts and pay security deposit (usually around 10% of price). Amount you pay will be less booking deposit you've already paid.
    - Agree close date when you will pay balance and seller will be moved out.
    - Wait for close date
    - Solicitor will drawdown mortgage amount before close date
    - On close date, solicitor will pay balance to sellers solicitor and effect the transfer.
    - Go to the EA and collect the keys

Above assumes all runs smoothly and there's no delays with mortgage approval, legal title, seller moving out, survey, valuation etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭The lips

Mods - should this reply be stickied?

It answers a lot of questions that clueless newcomers like myself are asking.

Advertisement