Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fields Jewellers Blanchardstown SC

Options
  • 19-07-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

Hi

Mrs Murt bought a DKNY watch off Fields in the centre in February this year.

It wasn't overly expensive and cost around E130.

About a month ago a screw fell out of the strap, making it unwearable. She brought it back to Fields, but they refused to do anything for her as she had not brought the receipt with her. She had paid in cash.

After much searching the house, she eventually found the receipt and took the watch back to them in early July.

They said that they were sending the watch off to the manufacturer for repair and that she wouldn't have it back until sometime in Aug. They refused to offer her a replacement or a refund.

I then rang a day later and they again refused an exchange or a refund. They said that they had up to 6 weeks to repair the watch and in the meantime, they refused to do anything about it. Their attitude was "We have your money, now pizz off and don't annoy us"

With such brilliant customer service, I will never again encourage any of my family or indeed any other boards members to shop there.

Has anybody else had a problem with Fields or was this just our bad luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's repair, replace, refund... unfortunately the consumer does not get a choice as to which it is. They are entitled to send it for repair up to three times for the same fault and then they can give an exchange or a full refund if it's still not satisfactory.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Unless I'm missing something this shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes to fix and should be very easy for a jeweller to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Do you have any pics of the screw/strap, its obviously not a normal strap held by spring/pins?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

I have to say my experience has been very different to the OP

I've found them to have great customer service,

I bought a watch there 2 months ago(600 Euro),a link fell out,when I brought it back they gave me a brand new one straight away.They said they wouldn't risk it falling out again

Couldn't be more happy with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Its most likely the staff could'nt do anything without a receipt and not refused to help as you stated.

They then take the watch and have sent it to get repaired and your still not happy. Its a bit out of line slating them on boards after they are doing something about your issue, do you think the people in the DKNY repair shop have a special task force set up to deal with you personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

The relationship between DKNY and Fields is absolutely nothing to do with me or Mrs Murt. Our only contract is with Fields jewellers in Blanchardstown.

If Fields are prepared to put up with such a poor customer service problem from DKNY then they should deselect all their stock from their shop.

Fobbing me off for 6 weeks on an item so recently purchased from them is completely unaccepable.

A watch is something is normally bought for immediate use. It's not like a ring, a piece of jewellery or an ornament. If you bought a TV or a computer in Feb and it broke down, making it unusable, would you be happy to wait 6 weeks until the shop sent the goods off to the manufacturer for repair.

I think not, but then again, if there are enough people like you, prepared to accept substandard customer service, then I'm sure that there are many other companies, besides Fields, that will provide you with the level of service that you deserve.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Ok guys lets not get personal

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Murt10 wrote: »
    The relationship between DKNY and Fields is absolutely nothing to do with me or Mrs Murt. Our only contract is with Fields jewellers in Blanchardstown.

If Fields are prepared to put up with such a poor customer service problem from DKNY then they should deselect all their stock from their shop.

Fobbing me off for 6 weeks on an item so recently purchased from them is completely unaccepable.

A watch is something is normally bought for immediate use. It's not like a ring, a piece of jewellery or an ornament. If you bought a TV or a computer in Feb and it broke down, making it unusable, would you be happy to wait 6 weeks until the shop sent the goods off to the manufacturer for repair.

I think not, but then again, if there are enough people like you, prepared to accept substandard customer service, then I'm sure that there are many other companies, besides Fields, that will provide you with the level of service that you deserve.

Save the faux outrage, your getting your watch fixed and these things take time. The shop are actually sorting your issue but your not happy with this and are still slating them.

Its not a case of being happy with waiting six weeks as this may not be in the control of the jewellers. Your being quite unreasonable to be honest and trying to damage the business of a particular branch of a jeweller like this is childish and you need to look at it from the other point of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Murt10 wrote: »
    ....Fobbing me off for 6 weeks on an item so recently purchased from them is completely unaccepable. ....

What consumer law should apply then? They are entitled to repair it, length of time for the repair is not defined.

If a retailer decides to provider offer a service that is above what they are legally obliged to, that's an entirely different issue.

If they provide the bare minimum or less then it will eventually impact on their business.

I don't disagree that I'd expect a bit more from a shop if I'd just bought something, especially if it was 130.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

DuckHook wrote: »
    Save the faux outrage, your getting your watch fixed and these things take time
    We see what you did there:cool:

DuckHook wrote: »
    Save the faux outrage, your getting your watch fixed and these things take time. The shop are actually sorting your issue but your not happy with this and are still slating them.

Its not a case of being happy with waiting six weeks as this may not be in the control of the jewellers. Your being quite unreasonable to be honest and trying to damage the business of a particular branch of a jeweller like this is childish and you need to look at it from the other point of view.

It's not faux outrage. It's genuine annoyance and dissatisfaction. The shop are sorting out the watch but I am completely cheesed off with the way they are going about it.

As for me being unreasonable, I think the opposite is the case. They are the ones that are being totally unreasonable. Given how recently the watch was purchased, and the length of time it will take for them to repair it, they should just replace the watch and sent the broken one back to DKNY.

As for damaging the shops reputation, if this is the way they treat their customers, they are damaging their own reputation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Thread-re-opened to allow update. Keep on topic please

Fileds contacted Mrs Murt last week to say that the watch was back from DKNY.

She went to collect it today and was given a brand new watch. They also gave her a new guarantee which runs from today.

The matter has now been resolved.

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,807 ✭✭✭✭L1011

January wrote: »
    Ithey are entitled to send it for repair up to three times for the same fault.

Once. Not three times. Mobile phone shop return policies in Ireland are *all* in contravention of the law and if firmly challenged you'll get your replacement or refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 nikkicall

Hi , im currently in talks with fields as my engagement ring seems to be offline , the clasps on my ring around my diamond seem to be off line and making the setting look like its tilting . i look after this ring so much i never wear it it water or to bed. I work in an office so im not doing a job where im using my hands i have never banged it . Fields are saying it could have been caused by me they said the slightest pull could cause the setting to be pulled . Can this be right its an 18carat white gold engagement ring are they not built to last ? im so upset i dont know if im entitled to a replacement or a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fionasam

Hi just wondering how you got on with your ring, I bought an 18carat white gold ring from fields costing €7000 and after 4 wks the ring is tarnished. I'm not having much help from fields and wonder how you got your ring sorted thanks fions

HI i got a full refund i complained to the area manager Paul the girls in the shop were so unhelpful and rude but he was lovely and admitted it was faulty and offered me a full refund no questions asked 14 months after the ring was bought , he said the girl never should have sold it to us it was clearly faulty . ill never spend a penny in fields again and the customer service in the blanchardstown store is appalling

Thanks for that, I'm not finding the staff in grafting street very helpful, I'm so upset by the whole experience I had brought t ring to mc dowels jewellers to be valued to be told it was very tatty after 4 wks!!!! I had gotten t ring specially made and t sales girl told me I could only get the thing band which I didn't want but as I liked t setting of the ring I bought it. I never expected it to tarnish so quickly I have other rings that are white gold which have tarnished after a year, having left the ring back to fields 2wks ago they rang today to tell me if I want to get t band I had originally wanted but t sales girl told me I couldn't I would have to pay an extra €3000!!!!. How can I get in touch with the area manager Im not happy with their customer service or there ring and going to a solicitor tomorrow as it's just not good enough

god sorry to hear all that , i know when i was having trouble it was a very upsetting experience . i emailed them the email address was on the website i told them i wasnt happy with the level of customer service i was receiving and wanted to speak to an area manger i have to say he was great
    i hope you get it all sorted

• Advertisement

Brilliant I will try that thanks for you help :-))

Hi Nikki I can't seem to find an email for fields by any chance would you still have it thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Fionasam wrote: »
    Hi Nikki I can't seem to find an email for fields by any chance would you still have it thanks

I would guess Nikki meant info@fields.ie as per this page

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Fionasam wrote: »
    Hi just wondering how you got on with your ring, I bought an 18carat white gold ring from fields costing €7000 and after 4 wks the ring is tarnished. I'm not having much help from fields and wonder how you got your ring sorted thanks fions
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

dodzy wrote: »
    :eek:

U know - some people live in villas with swimming pools and drive bugattis.

Advertisement