Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water in Ratoath

Options
  • 19-07-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

For the second weekend in a row, our water has been cut off completely without any notice. It started today at 5.30pm so no chance getting anyone at Meath County Council. Is anyone else out there having problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

pressure quite low in ashbourne, but haven't been cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gerry_S

JasperJ wrote: »
    For the second weekend in a row, our water has been cut off completely without any notice. It started today at 5.30pm so no chance getting anyone at Meath County Council. Is anyone else out there having problems?
    Burst pipe in duleek road, they are waiting on pressure to build up now, will blip you when water back

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JasperJ

Gerry_S wrote: »
    Burst pipe in duleek road, they are waiting on pressure to build up now, will blip you when water back

Thanks, but is this the second burst pipe, this is two weekends in a row and my tank has run dry as there was no warning. Last weekend I was warned by my neighbour, who unfortunately had to call out plumper last monday to get their water sorted upstairs because of their tank running dry. Was having a family get together at my house tomorrow but had to cancel it as not even sure if I can flush a toilet. If they are having any problems, why cannot they post it on their website. Pressure in Ratoath is bad at the best of times.

pressure quite low in ashbourne, but haven't been cut off.

I would avoid running too much off your tank just in case it runs dry till you know it is back, which can be costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gerry_S

Yes, I feel your pain, Anyway I called the out of hours number. they say it will return shortly and no admin staff to update the web site after 17.00. you family Day should go ahead tomorrow without a glitch, you certainly will get the weather for it!!

• Advertisement

Gerry_S wrote: »
    Yes, I feel your pain, Anyway I called the out of hours number. they say it will return shortly and no admin staff to update the web site after 17.00. you family Day should go ahead tomorrow without a glitch, you certainly will get the weather for it!!

Canceled it anyway just in case, could not risk having six kids here with no toilet. Been moved to my sisters and I have booked here bath. Can you PM the out of hours number, tried to find one on their website but no luck. Was digging in garden earlier and am now sitting here all mucky, would murder a shower. Thanks for your updates by the way.

Well, nearly six hours later since I first noticed it and still no water. Was hoping to have a shower before going to bed but guess the lovely clean sheets will be going into the wash whenever we have our water back.

Good news, water is back just now. Thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭Vego

I found this on the web page dated yesterday

News and Events
    Disruption of Water Supply in the Ratoath Village and Surrounding Area - Meath County Council wishes to advise that due to a break on a large distribution main there will be disruption to water supply

Date Released: 19 July 2013

This will result in a reduction in service with reduced pressures and no water in some areas today, 19th July 2013.

Repair works have commenced and efforts such as redistributing water are being made to minimise disruption as far as is possible.
    Meath County Council apologies for any inconvenience caused. With your co-operation and understanding we hope to keep the disruption to a minimum.

For further information:
    046-9097240 (Normal Working Hours)
    1890 445 335 (After Hours)

then I clicked the twitter link

Meath County Council ‏@meathcoco 15 Jul
    Water levels are recovering with repair of burst main. Some problems still in higher areas but will return to normal over the day.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Meath County Council ‏@meathcoco 14 Jul
    Repair of burst main complete, water on again and supply should be back by morning.Any localised problems will be dealt with in the morning
    Expand
    Crew working on burst main repair since 4.30a.m. Water diverted to Ratoath but higher & outlying areas likely to lose supply/pressure.
    Expand
    Likely disruption to water supply in parts of Ratoath & Kilbride this morning due to essential repair of a burst watermain in East Meath.

And

Meath County Council ‏@meathcoco 9h
    Burst main repair in Ratoath complete. All should have water except for a few very localised areas, these will recover throughout morning.
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
    Meath County Council ‏@meathcoco 19 Jul
    Burst water main will cause disruption to water supply today in Ratoath Village and surrounding areas. Repair works have commenced.
    Expand
    Repair work has commenced on damaged watermain affecting #Ratoath Village and surrounding areas. Efforts being made to minimise disruption.
    Expand
    Disruption to Water supply in #Ratoath Village. Engineers are currently determining the source of the problem. More information to follow.

Thats decent Info ....but Kieth barry is on hand to warn folk the next time before a watermain blows without warning & then to determine how long it will take

(twitterfeed I just copied and pasted so time line is Upside down)

Advertisement