Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby eating Foam off Bumper Bar on Buggy

Options
  • 19-07-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So we have a Baby Elegance Neyo and in general I love it! But recently my 11month old has started chewing on the bumper bar when he gets a chance and the foam comes straight off in his mouth! I have on a few occasions taken him out of the buggy to find black bits in his mouth.
    So basically I'm just wondering is this standard with all buggys? Should they not have some sort of plastic cover over the foam? Surely it can't be safe to eat!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Mine had a fabric on the bar so LO cant chew but she has tried. You can get bumper bar covers. Have a look on ebay or amazon to see if you can get something to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Suucee wrote: »
    Mine had a fabric on the bar so LO cant chew but she has tried. You can get bumper bar covers. Have a look on ebay or amazon to see if you can get something to fit.

I will have a look, thanks! :)
    I just think it's a bit ridiculous that they put that on the bars and the bars are right on front of the baby! I'm pretty annoyed actually about it, god knows what goes into making the foam that he has ingested and also makes the buggy look like crap after spending so much on it ! Will definitely have a look at those covers tho :)

Yea I wouldn't blame you being annoyed I wonder if you send them a nice email would they maybe send you a replacement or something. You could then put the cover over it to protect it.

Yea I wouldn't blame you being annoyed I wonder if you send them a nice email would they maybe send you a replacement or something. You could then put the cover over it to protect it.

I actually did that today, the reply I got went something along the lines of, its not covered under warranty and it's a bumper bar for protection, not for chewing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I think your baby is teething, you need to find something your baby needs to bite that's safer than biting his/her buggy. My baby, now 16, used to chew whatever he wore or whatever teddies were in his bed. He even chewed the corners of the duvet at 6/7 years of age.

• Advertisement

Aineoil wrote: »
    I think your baby is teething, you need to find something your baby needs to bite that's safer than biting his/her buggy. My baby, now 16, used to chew whatever he wore or whatever teddies were in his bed. He even chewed the corners of the duvet at 6/7 years of age.
    Oh he is, teething like mad, he has every teether he could possibly have, all the toys, all the gels, but still chewing on everything else :)

Ha try telling that to an 11 month old. if he is anything like mine EVERYTHING possible goes in the mouth. She even sits there chewing the shoulder pads as well. And I just noticed recently there are loads of tooth marks around the top of her cot. Honestly they can be worse than a puppy some times for chewing.

Ha try telling that to an 11 month old. if he is anything like mine EVERYTHING possible goes in the mouth. She even sits there chewing the shoulder pads as well. And I just noticed recently there are loads of tooth marks around the top of her cot. Honestly they can be worse than a puppy some times for chewing.

Ha ha, yep,the top of the cot and the edge of the high chair too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Our bumper bar is removable, can you take it off?

lazygal wrote: »
    Our bumper bar is removable, can you take it off?

Yeah I think it can be screwed off alright but he pulls himself up on it to sit upright and have a good nose so I think I will have to get a cover and leave it on :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement