Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Live the Dear Leader

Options
  • 19-07-2013 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

A man who loves students as much as loved by them, the leader is finally quitting the confines of his humble lodgings, and being replaced by President "Deeks".

Here is a recent image of the Great men relaxing in the sunshine by O'Reilly Hall, courtesy of the Tribune.

timthumb.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.collegetribune.ie%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F07%2FUCD-new-president.jpg&q=90&w=634&zc=1

President Deeks' folded arms say "I mean business", but not in an aggressive or patriarchal way. His kind face and casual smile are in stark contrast to the facial expressions of other notorious baldies, for example Doctor Evil, Vin Diesel, and Idi Amin.
    On the other hand, it's said that bald men are exceptionally virile.

I feel this is just the man that UCD needs during these turbulent times.

Opinions?

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

He could be librocop in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I, for one, welcome our new bald overlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

One invisible president to the next.

As far as I can see, the President's only job these days is influencing the amount of international students in UCD. Maybe this will change with Deeks. I doubt it.

Frankly (if I can be Frank, for a second, unless Frank wants to be Frank, in which case...), the lack of interest in this topic is as much to do with the uselessness of the 10-year money-grabbing, house-giving position as it is with the time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

One invisible president to the next.

As far as I can see, the President's only job these days is influencing the amount of international students in UCD. Maybe this will change with Deeks. I doubt it.

Frankly (if I can be Frank, for a second, unless Frank wants to be Frank, in which case...), the lack of interest in this topic is as much to do with the uselessness of the 10-year money-grabbing, house-giving position as it is with the time of year
    Then it really is just "as far as you can see".

Brady's tenure saw monumental shifts in UCD policy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Are you trying to be funny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

No, twas a typo. Butler's also put a huge steer on UCD policy too (perhaps more of a freudian slip than mere tiredness).
    I remember UCD back in 2003, and I barely recognised the UCD I left behind in 2012 from the one I first met in 2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Red Alert wrote: »
    He could be librocop in disguise.

"No-one cared who I was until I put on the tie"

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I bet you'll never see the two of them in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Vorophobe

I wonder if President Deeks glows like that in real life

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭electrictrad

Vorophobe wrote: »
    I wonder if President Deeks glows like that in real life

Only one way to find out. Graduate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

Can you tell us about the differences? I'd genuinely love to know. I was there from 2007-12.

No, twas a typo. Butler's also put a huge steer on UCD policy too (perhaps more of a freudian slip than mere tiredness).
    I remember UCD back in 2003, and I barely recognised the UCD I left behind in 2012 from the one I first met in 2003.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Horizons, aka Modularisation (including the whole concept of an elective) was a creations of the Butler era. I believe semesterisation was also something that was brought in under his watch. Those were probably the most apparent differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Doug89

Ah ok, do you think it's been a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Couldn't tell you - I've only been around since '06, so A) I only heard about the old ways and B) I got to experience super trial and error mode of Horizons.

Advertisement