Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A XI (aka PSG)

• 19-07-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭

Made a comment there about PSG and their Serie A XI and had a look through the transfers:

Salvatore Sirigu - (Palermo - €3.5m)
    Marquinhos - (Roma - €35m)
    Thiago Silva - (Milan - €42m)
    Mohamed Sissoko - (Juventus - €8m)
    Marco Verratti - (Pescara - €12m)
    Thiago Motta - (Inter - €10m)
    Javier Pastore - (Palermo - €40m)
    Jérémy Ménez - (Roma - €8m+)
    Ezequiel Lavezzi - (Napoli - €30m)
    Zlatan Ibrahimović - (Milan - €23m)
    Edinson Cavani - (Napoli - €63m)

Total transfer fees paid - €274.5m approx.

Unbelievable to see PSG having bought all of these players within such a short space of time.

I guess that's one way to ensure your country overtakes the one above it in the UEFA coefficient :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The fees paid for Marquinhos and Pastore are just obscene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Moneymaker wrote: »

It's madness. Although Marquinhos is a very good prospect, he is never worth €35m. Not even close.

Surely FFP was brought in to stop stuff like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's madness. Although Marquinhos is a very good prospect, he is never worth €35m. Not even close.

Surely FFP was brought in to stop stuff like this?

108052031.jpg

La la la la la la, I cannot hear you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Crazy but should stop when Leonardo leaves.

Keno 92 wrote: »
    108052031.jpg

:pac:

Brilliant! :D

• Advertisement

JPA wrote: »
    Crazy but should stop when Leonardo leaves.

Will be gone by the end of August apparently.

The damage has been done to the Serie A already anyway as the best players have nearly all left which is a massive pity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Moneymaker wrote: »

Other than those two they're not completely crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Even more daft when a phonecall leaked from Roma last week saying accept anything 25m or over for him. Verratti at 12 was a snip though.
    I'd love if Roma sent them Marquinho instead of Marquinhos it'd be gas.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'd love if Roma sent them Marquinho instead of Marquinhos it'd be gas.
    ... or the two of them! "Oh I thought you said Marquinho's"

Would be the funniest transfer in history if that happened :pac:

Verratti was a steal @ €12m but I can see him heading back to Italy in the next 5 years and so would be there for his prime.

Lavezzi, Pastore, Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva have all expressed a desire to return to Serie A at some point as well.

PSG will definitely be a force to be reckoned with for a few years at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Other than those two they're not completely crazy.

Which is why I mentioned those two..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Keno 92 wrote: »
    108052031.jpg

Why would Blatter care about the French? Surely a picture of Platini would be more apt :confused:

Financial Fair Play seems to get mentioned a hell of a lot more than when say, Man City (who have spent nearly £100m this summer) buy players.

The English clubs are seething at PSG's new fortunes. PSG appear from nowhere and can financially outmuscle every other club on the planet. I welcome it. It's good for European football that the Premier League isn't getting everything its own way and makes the Champions League more competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Why would Blatter care about the French? Surely a picture of Platini would be more apt :confused:

Financial Fair Play seems to get mentioned a hell of a lot more than when say, Man City (who have spent nearly £100m this summer) buy players.

The English clubs are seething at PSG's new fortunes. PSG appear from nowhere and can financially outmuscle every other club on the planet. I welcome it. It's good for European football that the Premier League isn't getting everything its own way and makes the Champions League more competitive.

Very very annoying. Least PSG have some sort of reason to be what they are(They should be a big club) a team like Man City are a nothing club.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Very very annoying. Least PSG have some sort of reason to be what they are(They should be a big club) a team like Man City are a nothing club.

Can't have one rule for one and another rule for another though :p

City, PSG, Chelsea, Monaco. The money is not endless like some people think and a short term burst of money could end up doing more harm to the clubs than good in the long run

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Can't have one rule for one and another rule for another though :p

City, PSG, Chelsea, Monaco. The money is not endless like some people think and a short term burst of money could end up doing more harm to the clubs than good in the long run

I think we can say at this point that Abramovich has done a lot of short and long term good for Chelsea.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cournioni wrote: »
    ... or the two of them! "Oh I thought you said Marquinho's"

Apostrophes don't work that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah here. Not having that. A club that was founded over 100 years ago, had played and won things at the highest level, and play in a stadium a damned sight better than most(including your own stadium mr hazard)...... is a "nothing club"??

I'm not a City supporter but referring to them as a nothing club just sounds like sour grapes from a Chelsea fan that they aren't the biggest financial bullies in the pond any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah here. Not having that. A club that was founded over 100 years ago, had played and won things at the highest level, and play in a stadium a damned sight better than most(including your own stadium mr hazard)...... is a "nothing club"??

I'm not a City supporter but referring to them as a nothing club just sounds like sour grapes from a Chelsea fan that they aren't the biggest financial bullies in the pond any more.

Especially when you consider PSG were only formed in 1970

Kirby wrote: »

My username comes from when Eden was with Lille, don't really care for Chelsea

greendom wrote: »
    Especially when you consider PSG were only formed in 1970

Yeah but it makes sense that PSG should be a huge club given that they are the major club in one of the biggest cities on earth of a football country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Yeah but it makes sense that PSG should be a huge club given that they are the major club in one of the biggest cities on earth of a football country.
    Hertha Berlin letting the side down major time on that front.

Roma, Hertha Berlin and until recently PSG, teams from Europe's major capitals who underperform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

Watford :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

PSG are just a passing fad. Serie A was there a long time before them and will be there a long time after they have faded into obscurity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Yeah it's great for European football.

Jesus Christ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'll worry about PSG when Arsenal face them in a competitive match before then they can do what ever the hell they want

Milan, PSG, Juventus, City and Dortmund will all be in pot 2 or 3 in the Champions league this year with Napoli joining in in pot 4.

There's serious potential for an ultimate group of death!

Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern, PSG/Milan, Dortmund/City/Juventus, Napoli :eek

Imagine

Advertisement