Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dates of residency stamps on Passport are different from summary list of GNIB

• 19-07-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi friends,

I will soon apply for Irish citizenship through Naturalization based on 5 years residence.
    I have inquired the the summary of registration dates from GNIB office and got the letter.
    It is very surprised that the first 2 stamp dates are different from the Stamp on my passport.
    The difference is only 2 days, but I don't know why ? how come there is a difference from passport and GNIB ?
    In my residency calculator, I just put in the dates from passport, is it the right date ?
    Do you have any opinion ?

I appreciate your helps.

Alegalalien

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

We just put the dates as per the stamps in the passport on our application. Not sure why there is a difference on the statement from GNIB, can only think it might be due to the time taken to actually update the system with the stamps issued. Unless you are very close to the 5 year requirement to the point that just few days makes a difference on the residency calculator I wouldn't worry about it.

As I said we went entirely by the dates in the passport and sent off our application last March. After a few weeks we got a letter saying it had passed the initial checks and was now awaiting a decision. I can only assume that if there had been any issues with the dates they would have come back to us to clarify.

Good luck with the application!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

For these two stamps, is it possible you would have attended the GNIB a couple of days before the stamps were due to expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alegalalien

Thanks tatli_lokma for your quick response.
    I assume most of people just have the information of residence stamps from passport, thus they just fill in those information. Since I'm not in a hurry and did request the GNIB office and get the letter. Still hard to figure out why.

To Cody_Pomeray:

The first stamp is my first ever GNIB stamp in Ireland. After 1 month landing in Ireland, the Garda told me to come to his station to register my first ever GNIB.
    The 2nd stamp is just a few days before the GNIB was due to expire.

A couple of days difference makes no big difference for me. However, I'm concerned about which stamp dates are correct to put in the calculator for reckonable residency check. This residency check is part of the application form.
    Also, it affect the valid date I can send out my application form.

Regards,
    Alegalalien.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

The first stamp is my first ever GNIB stamp in Ireland. After 1 month landing in Ireland, the Garda told me to come to his station to register my first ever GNIB.
    The 2nd stamp is just a few days before the GNIB was due to expire.

A couple of days difference makes no big difference for me. However, I'm concerned about which stamp dates are correct to put in the calculator for reckonable residency check. This residency check is part of the application form.
    Also, it affect the valid date I can send out my application form.

Regards,
    Alegalalien.

If you put overlapping dates in the residency calculator it discounts the overlapping days. So I would go by the dates on the passport and if there is any overlap it will be accounted for by the calculator. As you say they only request the
    Residency checker so that would be the main tool I would use. To be honest, from our experience don't give them something they haven't requested - it'll only confuse the issue, and confusing INIS is never a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alegalalien

Hi Tatli_lokma,

The issue is not about overlapping dates, it is about the beginning date which start to count my reckonable residency.
    The stamp date on my passport has 2 days ahead of the date from GNIB. It means that, if I use the residency calculator based on passport stamp dates, I could apply 2 days earlier than the case I use the GNIB dates.
    To meet the requirement from both GNIB dates and my passport stamp dates, I could apply a few day later.

The reason I request letter from GNIB for the summary of stamp dates is just for my own use, as reference since I did not know which residence stamp is the reckonable stamp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement