Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry

Options
  • 19-07-2013 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have had the good fortune to be on holiday for the last 10 days :D and I have to say that we live in a great county.

I have been to Ventry, Banna, Gleninchaquinn, Derrynane (Did the Fairy trail) Inch and walked the Gap of Dunloe.

Want to do the Boat trip through the lakes next before a few days camping.

People are welcoming and helpful and it is great to be in Kerry and of Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I did the Gap of Dunloe on horseback last Wednesday, best advice I have is, if you haven't ridden a horse before(like me), take the trap. 7miles is hard going on a horse, took 3 days for my back to recover:(. The day and scenery was perfect though!

On the other had the trip down the lakes on the boats is fantastic, I had never done either before, and my American friend was amazed at this!

Water levels were very low on the lakes, the boats were very near to grounding in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

We've been in South West Kerry for the last two weeks. Apart from Wednesday, when it rained, it has been bright sunshine all day every day.

Probably the best holiday we ever had anywhere.

Leaving tomorrow, boo hoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Got a house in Derrynane for the last 6 nights, the place was brilliant.

Wind surfed in Derrynane harbour, Walked the Kerry Way, Had a drink in Carrolls Cove and swam every day. Enjoyed home made (Kenmare) Ice Cream in Sneem and walked the Gardens in Parknasilla. (Cheeky swim off the rocks)

Again the people were marvelous and our county looked great.:D:D

Advertisement