Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast 24 hour race

Options
  • 19-07-2013 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where we can get online updates for this? A friend of mine is there and I don't want to keep texting his wife. Enduro from this parish is there too.

I tried google but there doesn't seem to be an event website.

It started at 6:45 this evening.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

https://twitter.com/energia24 might be your best bet. Coverage was a bit sketchy last year, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Enduro is through 100 miles in 15hrs 26 mins.

Energia are asking if it's a new Irish record but that appears to be 15 hours 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Last I heard Belcarra was going to give this a shot too - any word on him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    122.8k in 14hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

wow, just had a quick look at twitter. Ruthann sheehan is just 8k bck off Enduro at teh last count and looks to be actually heading d=for an irish record.

Claralara's relay team (donadea) were well over 100 miles after 12 hours :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Current top three men and women according to @NiRunning

E. Keith 202k, J O'Regan 183k, E Gallen 178k

R. Sheahan 188k, S McCartney 165k, D McLoughlin 142k

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Current top three men and women according to @NiRunning

E. Keith 202k, J O'Regan 183k, E Gallen 178k

R. Sheahan 188k, S McCartney 165k, D McLoughlin 142k

amazing distances being covered and that heat on top of it,:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Dilbert75 wrote: »

Went through 100 miles in about 21 and a half hours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

According to energia24 twitter...
    New Irish 24hr (track) record holders Eoin Keith and Ruthann Sheahan are now Irish Ultra Running 24hr Track Champions!

E Keith 238k, J O'Regan 214k, E Gallen 208k
    R Sheahan 219k, S McCarten 189k, D McLoughlin 165k

Class!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

24hr Men's Podium:
    Men - 1. Eoin Keith 244.6k, 2. John O'Regan 221.0k, 3. Eddie Gallen 215.0k

Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Phenomenal. Very well done to everyone who participated / survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Serious effort by all involved well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

well done to all involved, looks like it was a great event.
    Some fierce impressive numbers on show as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I spent an amazing 24 hours watching this in Belfast.... It's actually quite humbling tbh. Well done to all involved, Eoin K for battering all those men's records, Ruthann for doing the same to the women's, unbelieveable performances. Super run also by John O'Regan in finishing 2nd and to claralara, Charlotte, Ollie and Enda for setting a new relay record.

To those of you who run marathons I'd suggest you get yourself up to Belfast for this event next year, fantastic bunch of people who make you feel part of the 'family' straight away.... Well worth showing your support!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I spent an amazing 24 hours watching this in Belfast.... It's actually quite humbling tbh. Well done to all involved, Eoin K for battering all those men's records, Ruthann for doing the same to the women's, unbelieveable performances. Super run also by John O'Regan in finishing 2nd and to claralara, Charlotte, Ollie and Enda for setting a new relay record.

To those of you who run marathons I'd suggest you get yourself up to Belfast for this event next year, fantastic bunch of people who make you feel part of the 'family' straight away.... Well worth showing your support!

rumour there was a tranny with nipple tassles on show for a few laps at the start....great running by all in tuff conditions ...defo headr clara say she was lookin forward to next year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

ultraman1 wrote: »
    rumour there was a tranny with nipple tassles on show for a few laps at the start....

I still have the wood to prove it :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Enduro

I'm one very happy camper today :)

There's a good race review on the NiRunning website at the moment.

Some collection of performances out there, records and PBs being set all round. 22 people exceeded 100 miles. That's class!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Well done Enduro on a fantastic performance. I feel very privileged to have been part of such a successful event and to hear your words at the presentation about the impressively high number of finishers hitting the ton helped me realise the size of my own performance too.

Couldn't believe that was only the first 24 hour race you'd won!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Enduro wrote: »
    I'm one very happy camper today :)

There's a good race review on the NiRunning website at the moment.

Some collection of performances out there, records and PBs being set all round. 22 people exceeded 100 miles. That's class!
    Only 6 over 100 at the first one. 16 two years ago and 22 this year. Unreal.
    Congrats on your win eoin. Pleasure to witness so many records tumble from yourself and ruthann.

It took me a while to get around to it, thanks to a rake of distractions, but I've finally written a race report which can be viewed here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Enduro wrote: »
    It took me a while to get around to it, thanks to a rake of distractions, but I've finally written a race report which can be viewed here.

Great report - deliberately left it till I had enough time to read it knowing it would be long & detailed ! Congrats on your engagement !

Thanks!

Advertisement