Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How accurate can an aeg be?

• 19-07-2013 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭

Just wondering lads because I've done lots to get my gun as accurate as possible.
    Currently its hitting a guaranteed 2" circle at 40 feet and 6" at about 90 feet.
    I'm just wondering if this is accurate in the world of airsoft.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

My experience is that the effective range is 40m, with 60m being the cut-off. You can get your gun to shoot further, using things like overhop, changing your aim (i.e. pointing up at an angle) and in general getting to know your gun, however in general the rule of thumb is 60m for an airsoft gun in Ireland for most conditions.

I often hear stories of people getting 80-90m but this is in perfect conditions where the gun has been set up for long range shots. I don't know about you, but since most engagements that I'm in are at shorter range, I set my rifle up for them, and adjust if I need to get more range. Some people have the opposite set up...all down to how you choose to use your rifle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I believe there's a video doing the rounds of an American airsofter hitting 200m using an AEG ,
    The Ahashi M60 could hit at ranges of 300ft with a particular barrel installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Gatling wrote: »
    I believe there's a video doing the rounds of an American airsofter hitting 200m using an AEG ,
    The Ahashi M60 could hit at ranges of 300ft with a particular barrel installed

That range would be crazy but I suppose they can get to that because of their joule limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Inari wrote: »
    My experience is that the effective range is 40m, with 60m being the cut-off. You can get your gun to shoot further, using things like overhop, changing your aim (i.e. pointing up at an angle) and in general getting to know your gun, however in general the rule of thumb is 60m for an airsoft gun in Ireland for most conditions.

I often hear stories of people getting 80-90m but this is in perfect conditions where the gun has been set up for long range shots. I don't know about you, but since most engagements that I'm in are at shorter range, I set my rifle up for them, and adjust if I need to get more range. Some people have the opposite set up...all down to how you choose to use your rifle

My gun does well up to about 40m's but dies out very quickly from there. I find it hard to believe that some of them 80 to 90 metre shots are being made :)

Advertisement