Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bichon Problem!

• 19-07-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

So we have a lovely Bichon Frise who is just over a year old. We let her out for a few minutes before we put her to bed and recently she has taken to refusing to come in. We try to coax her in with a treat, but its getting harder and harder. we can't walk up to her because she thinks its a game and runs away.
    Just wondering if anybody knows the best way to get her in without standing for half an hour trying to get her in?
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

For that last night time pee before bed, bring her out on the lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MetalBren

I hadnt thought of that! What we currently do is just let her into the garden to do her business then bring her back in, which until recently was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

We had the same issue with our frise..but now we just let him out a bit before bed...close the door and found that he misses the attention n comes howling to the door to come in...if we waited with him.. he would be there all night...

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MetalBren

Ours doesnt do that, she just sits and looks around. and runs away when you approach to get her in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

It's nice and cool in the late evenings now, it may be that she's feeling more lively and wants to play, could you manage a 5 or 10 minute walk?
    That way she'd do her business and get a little exercise. I've been walking mine up and down my road a couple of times about 10.30, they're delighted with the extra walk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement