Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Room

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Love this. Disclosure in Shanghai

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

Not sure if this has been posted before

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone got any recommendations for new sets - house/tehno etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tekano tim

MadYaker wrote: »
    I must make trip to Dekmantel, the lineup is great every year.

This is something I have been thinking about too, line up looks good every year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tekano tim

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Lovely mix here, particularly the first 20 mins. Video's cringe as per most boiler rooms

I love this set, in particular how he gets so into his set. He is a great producer too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

That David August set is my all time favourite Boiler Room for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Maysa07

AnD doing their thing 2013

That's a great set, any more like this?

Zascar wrote: »
    That's a great set, any more like this?

Cheers. Nice set but my god his mixing was ropey as fuk in parts... Some savage tracks though.

• Advertisement

Cheers. Nice set but my god his mixing was ropey as fuk in parts... Some savage tracks though.

Yes definitely, amazing producer tho .. looks like he wasn't comfortable with the vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TumorTuner

Personally Modeselektor's Boiler Room set is my personal favorite, it's so lively and fun it makes me bop my head everytime I stick it on.

This one?

Haha he starts off with the Horrorist!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TumorTuner

This one?

Haha he starts off with the Horrorist!

Yes!!! :D I also love their other one as well.

Me aul pal tearing it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Was gonna post that DJ Rush one myself

Quality

Doesn't get much better than this .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Maysa07 wrote: »
    Doesn't get much better than this .

Except they should've insulated the camera mounting to stop the picture going blurry from the bass

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great to see lads still playing vinyl and being able to properly mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Great to see lads still playing vinyl and being able to properly mix.

Not sure it's true for that particular mix.

More mixes were off pitch than not.

Staggering for a professional DJ imo

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭TheAsYLuMkeY

limnam wrote: »

I think you miss the point of DJ's, Festivals and Gigs in general.

The crowd appears to be having the craic and I know if I was at a gig with speakers that size and DJ banged out a set of that style tracks and quality of mixing, I wouldn't be standing to one side with my arms folded stroking my chin saying,

‘Hmm, more mixes are off pitch here than not, staggering for a professional DJ’

That’s a well mixed set of banging tracks that would have any crowd brimming with energy.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Except they should've insulated the camera mounting to stop the picture going blurry from the bass

Yes, a few of the BR videos are like that... But the actual set is so creative! surgeon is such a great artist, the diversity in his sets are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yes, a few of the BR videos are like that... But the actual set is so creative! surgeon is such a great artist, the diversity in his sets are great!
    Love Surgeon

Finishing that set with Jupiter Jazz biggrin.png

I think you miss the point of DJ's, Festivals and Gigs in general.

The crowd appears to be having the craic and I know if I was at a gig with speakers that size and DJ banged out a set of that style tracks and quality of mixing, I wouldn't be standing to one side with my arms folded stroking my chin saying,

‘Hmm, more mixes are off pitch here than not, staggering for a professional DJ’

That’s a well mixed set of banging tracks that would have any crowd brimming with energy.

Didn't mention anything about the festival or gig.

Someone stated it was nice to see someone been able to mix vinyl.

That particular set was a bad example.

the least to expect from someone who "dj's" "mixes" for a living is them to get the basics right.

Some part of that was not just a bit off was all over the shop and cut early as it was so bad.

Sure, tune/record placment etc are more important. I was just pointing out it was a bad example of someone mixing vinyly well.

You can untwist your knickers now..

Didn't mention anything about the festival or gig.

Someone stated it was nice to see someone been able to mix vinyl.

That particular set was a bad example.

the least to expect from someone who "dj's" "mixes" for a living is them to get the basics right.

Some part of that was not just a bit off was all over the shop and cut early as it was so bad.

Sure, tune/record placment etc are more important. I was just pointing out it was a bad example of someone mixing vinyly well.

You can untwist your knickers now..

Untwisted.

I sort of agree - it bugs the crap out of me when the mixing is poor. It spoils a set. The below from Laurent Garnier at Dekmantel is a cracking set of uplifting house - but his mixing is pretty atrocious at times. Beatmatching out and some poor cuts.

Thoughts?

I sort of agree - it bugs the crap out of me when the mixing is poor. It spoils a set. The below from Laurent Garnier at Dekmantel is a cracking set of uplifting house - but his mixing is pretty atrocious at times. Beatmatching out and some poor cuts.

Thoughts?

I love his sets and this one was is good too. But was also amazed to hear him off so much.

I sort of agree..........Thoughts?
    I love his sets and this one was is good too. But was also amazed to hear him off so much.

He looks like he's having more craic than the crowd to be honest.

That to me is a major fail for a DJ.

If your crowd are barely half interested but your mixing is spot on, whats the point.

If your mixing is not 100% but your crowd are loving the set and session, its a winner.

Sunil wins........

• Advertisement

First of all, the boilerroom "kit" is not great at most events. How do i know this.. Well sunil and many others have not giving their permission to upload there previous sets because it was so bad, plus the crowd at most of these are almost on top you, making it a little bit difficult mixing with vinyl. On this Sunil video, Skip to 24:00, some guy touches it or bangs of the desks, but he pulls it back and can still pull a smile :pac:

Advertisement