Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazing Spider Collecting

Options
  • 19-07-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hey I'm a huge comic collector My number one thing
    to collect is Batman But Amazing Spiderman is second
    it has so many key/iconic issues and it only started in the
    60s so its not as hard to track down early issues like Batman/Superman.

My current goal is to get 1-100 of amazing Spiderman.
    Then over time 1-700.I'm currently saving for what I
    call my 'Amazing Spiderman #1 fund which I will get a
    1.0-2.0 low grade later this year.

So I taught Id share with you the highlights
    in my collection.I sold off a lot of my lower grades
    like 1st Molten man and 1st Rhino because I try
    to get my issues medium/high grade and I misplaced my first
    black cat.

Feel free to post your spidey collection and your goals ! :)

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0751.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Kealy1994

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

You're going for a full PSOne collection and a run of Amazing Spider-Man comics? That's gonna be expensive.

Of the Amazing 700, how many would you say you have at this point? I started reading in the mid 90s but go on and off across over years so I'd guess that I have about 200 Amazings...

You're going for a full PSOne collection and a run of Amazing Spider-Man comics? That's gonna be expensive.

Of the Amazing 700, how many would you say you have at this point? I started reading in the mid 90s but go on and off across over years so I'd guess that I have about 200 Amazings...

I think I'm at over 2 thousand comics approximately
    Over 500 are Batman/Detective Mostly Bronze age,I have
    a good chunk of the silver age stuff.Its my main collection
    and I pick up combo pack variants only for new 52.

Over 200 Amazing Spidermans

Superman is my third biggest collection at around 150

Ill post pictures in a few.

I collect Comic Books more intensely than I do video games.

I buy Amazing Spiderman issues in bulk and buy other peoples collection.
    I very rarely buy back issues from a comic book store only weekly issues.

Right now I'm selling a collection of 30-40 thousand comics for commission at cons,stalls,online etc from a place so I get a discount on what I want.But I cant talk much about it now because I'm cataloging everything 2moro so ill have the advertisement posted by the end of the week and if theirs anything your after send me a pm.

IMG_0869.JPG
    Silver Age box to the left.
    IMG_0870.JPG
    Bronze age in the middle and I displayed a few around because I mostly own Bronze age and then
    some modern age on the right.
    The two short boxes hold around 150 each and about 200 for the silver age one.

IMG_0878.JPG
    I have a long box of spidermans,Some are Spectacular and Superior but I dont collect spectacular so its just
    what came in bundles I bought and the box hold about 250 +.So theres about 200 Amazing Spidermans
    14 superior,The rest is probally spectacular and a few web of spiderman.

IMG_0879.JPG

These are built up over a long time,I start collecting American comics in 2007,Mostly Incredible Hulk and Batman at the time.
    I used to read the UK reprints before that.I only really started to appreciate Spiderman like 2 years ago because I
    Have a dark taste.

Comics are my number 1 hobby,Videos games come after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

nice collection! I have a decent collection of both videogames and comics but like yourself I think K prefer comics more. I have a few long boxes and really should spend a day cataloguing them, there is no question that that would be the geekest thing in the world but I'd enjoy it

• Advertisement

nice collection! I have a decent collection of both videogames and comics but like yourself I think K prefer comics more. I have a few long boxes and really should spend a day cataloguing them, there is no question that that would be the geekest thing in the world but I'd enjoy it

Yeah man if theirs any titles you want I can set them aside for you when Im selling that collection.

Also if your selling your collection Id be interested.

I love comics more because their cheaper for the most part and there's so many eras and key issues and runs of writers/artists.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭halloweenboy

Hi everybody, I found this in a box of old stuff & I will sell it if anybody is interested
    Brave and the Bold no. 168 - Batman and Green Arrow!

I'm not selling this but I thought it might interest you all. From what I have seen, I am fairly certain it is the first batman toy ever made.... It was made by a company called mego corp in 1972 and is based off the Adam West show.

Thats a Batman Mego doll they came out in the 70s-80s
    Batman has been around since the 30s-40s.
    It is not the first Batman toy ever made but they are collectible
    But your one is missing its cape and has no box,So its not worth
    that much.Theres ones with the cape as cheap as 30 euro.

Advertisement