Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SigNET 200 dead keypad

Options
  • 19-07-2013 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    Problem with Signet 200 system which was installed over 5 years ago. The keypad unit no longer displays any information – the AC Mains, System Alert and Comms LED are all dead. The house still has electricity ! Does this mean the rechargeable lead acid battery in the alarm panel has to be replaced ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Do you have any recollection of it showing a fault condition or showing a low battery condition?

Is this the only keypad on the system?

Is there an electrical spur unit alongside the actual control panel of your system and is the red light actually illuminated at this time?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

When you say the keypad is dead do you mean it is not powered up at all?
    Is there any lights displayed? Is there anything on the screen?

KoolKid I bet the OP was not expecting such a rapid response this hour on a Friday night :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

kub wrote: »
    KoolKid I bet the OP was not expecting such a rapid response this hour on a Friday night :D

If Carlsberg had a home security forum........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sangaku

kub and KoolKid thanks very much for speedy replies. Much appreciated.

kub I do recall a display of Battery Fault or Main Battery Fault (?) on maybe 3 occasions over the past number of weeks which I disregarded as I was able to override the fault by restoring alerts from the keypad (not such a good idea in hindsight). Yes it's the only keypad. There's a white box beside the control panel and the red light is illuminated.

KoolKid yes the keypad is not powered up at all. No lights are displayed and there is nothing on the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you tried powering the system down completely and power up again?
    Also check the keypad connections at the keypad and at the panel.

I’ve turned off and on the electric power to the system at the fuse board – keypad is still not powered up.
    I’ve also removed the cover panel and pressed the system reset button on the panel – no change in keypad.
    There are no visible connections / cables around the keypad (it’s mounted directly on the wall). I’m unsure which connections in the panel relate to the keypad. There’s a diagram on the back of the cover panel which indicates where the Inputs are located so I've checked in this area and I don’t see any loose connections here.

Try and disconnect the battery in the panel, then reset the power again, the battery might be sucking too much power.

Thanks for reply. Ok – I turned off the power and disconnected the battery. With the battery still disconnected I turned the power back on. The keypad is not powering up and no lights are displaying on it.

Have you a multi meter?
    You need to check if there is power getting to the keypad There should be around 12vdc at the + & - terminals on the keypad. You need to open the keypad by removing the single screw at the centre of the base of it.

• Advertisement

No unfortunately I don't have a multi meter but may be able to borrow one from work on Monday. Thanks.

No problem.
    A couple of things you could try in the meantime.

Remove the keypad & connect directly to the panel on a short length of cable.
    Also try switching the + & - to a different source in the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Any idea why this panel would randomly display a serial number ?
    Refuses to default or arm/disarm .

Op check the panel for mould or damp .

The keypad will display a serial number if its getting power but not data from the panel.
    Check the A B connections & do an Ebus rescan.
    Is there any other devices on the EBus.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Sounds like the keypad is not getting any data from the panel. Its either cable damage, a loose connection or the panel is busted. Have seen it a few times where it ends up being the panel.

I even wired directly to the keypad to see if that would help . Even brought it to a lad to see what was up with it

On the SigNET 200 there's a second EBus connection on the panel. Have you tried connecting to that?

Yup . Turns out its the panel . Sorted now

Were both ebus outputs gone?

All
    Service visit from original installer resolved the problem. He replaced the battery and a transformer in the panel. Thanks for your posts.

• Advertisement

Glad you got it all sorted.
    Thanks for the update.

Advertisement