Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I Dumb??

Options
  • 19-07-2013 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Hey, I just built a new pc and installed Windows 8 but guess what?
    No audio out through HDMI to my monitor.
    Am I completely stupid or did I buy a monitor with no onboard speakers?
    Heres a link to the monitor specs, just need some to confirm this for me as its almost midnight and I've been messing around with drivers for several hours now:(
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/60+cm+%2824%29+/74649/LG+24EA53VQ.article

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Generally speakers don't come with monitors for pc's. Also afaik you'd be better off using dvi connection instead of hdmi.
    I'd recommend a Logitech 2.1 system and that will be connected to you motherboards audio out. On the back looks like headphone connecter. Also if you have headphones you can stick them in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭sketchpad

I thought because there is a volume adjustment on the monitor that meant it has built in speakers.
    But no, thats for using with headphones. So the HDMI out is working fine, I just need to plug in speakers or headphones.
    What a waste of time.
    I will accept my moron award in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Happens to the best of us. You live you learn. You can pick up a handy set of speakers in your local Shop if you want them right away, tomorrow. Personally I'd be hooking them up direct to back of pc and leave the monitor Jack for headphones.

Advertisement