Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway V Armaagh and Tyrone V Kildare

• 20-07-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

Was thinking of backing the two northern teams in this, it pays about 5/4, i think Galway have been pretty woeful and Tyrone seem to be performing well, what are peoples thoughts on this!?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Armagh aren't great but will definitely win against Galway. Tyrone should win but with the game being in Newbridge I think it'll go to the wire. Wouldn't be piling on majorly at 5/4 but it should come up trumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

It takes a fine team (Galway aside) to beat Ros by two points alright :pac:

Wouldn't be at all confident that Armagh will swat aside Galway. The Apples are coming off beating two D4 teams down on their luck while Galway are over-due a spirited performance. It's two mid-table D2 teams playing each other at the end of the day. At home that game is little more than a 50:50 in my opinion.

Tyrone are the classier outfit and with SON back should beat Kildare but, again, with Kildare at home it could be an almighty scrap that lurches into extra-time and Kildare's conditioning is a proven commodity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Definitely wouldn't be lumping on that double at 5/4. Tyrone have a tough away game and Armagh are hardly a certaintly either given how poor they were against Cavan (the games against Wicklow and Leitrim turned to be nothing more than turkey shoots).

Confidence in an Armagh win could only stem from how poor Galway have been of late rather than anything Armagh have done.

If Galway don't show significant improvement then Armagh should win but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kildare beat Tyrone. There's not much between those two and home advantage here is a definite boost to Kildare's chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bull McCabe1920

The apples have fallen of the Armagh tree a long time ago and Galway at home will be a big ask although Galway have been off the boil for quite a while but they are due a good game and I think today is the day.

Verdict: Galway

Kildare will still be licking their wounds after an awful second half against Dublin so will be out to put their summer plans back on track. Tyrone are a shadow of their former selves and are a tired spent force. Mickey Harte like Sean Boylan of the past needs to lie back and enjoy the sunshine and look back through the videos of the past because that is what Tyrone are, confined to history.

Verdict: Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

The apples have fallen of the Armagh tree a long time ago and Galway at home will be a big ask although Galway have been off the boil for quite a while but they are due a good game and I think today is the day.

Verdict: Galway

Kildare will still be licking their wounds after an awful second half against Dublin so will be out to put their summer plans back on track. Tyrone are a shadow of their former selves and are a tired spent force. Mickey Harte like Sean Boylan of the past needs to lie back and enjoy the sunshine and look back through the videos of the past because that is what Tyrone are, confined to history.

Verdict: Kildare
    Galway are not due a good game All evidence shows they will come up well short. Armagh by 5pts or more
    Tyrone will have too much for Kildare. Tyrone by 2pts with Kildare failing to close the gap in second half in a last 15 min comeback

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

The current Tyrone team is a coming force, not a spent one. They've got a talented nucleus of younger players and could easily be genuine AI contenders within the next two years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

I'd fancy the 2 Northern teams too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

2 hard games to predict, could even end up 2 draws..... Am I right in saying that Kildare have never lost a qualifier, if that's true, that would scare me off Tyrone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

shiibata wrote: »
    2 hard games to predict, could even end up 2 draws..... Am I right in saying that Kildare have never lost a qualifier, if that's true, that would scare me off Tyrone
    Couldn't be true, they've hardly been in every quarter final since 2001??

I just checked 2003, they lost a round 4 qualifier against the Rossies.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Haven't lost a qualifier under McGeeney if I'm not mistaken. Though on the other hand they haven't really met any top tier teams in the qualifiers since McGeeney's taken charge so I wouldn't read too much into that. Should be a tight game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Syferus wrote: »
    The current Tyrone team is a coming force, not a spent one. They've got a talented nucleus of younger players and could easily be genuine AI contenders within the next two years.

The 2003,05,08 Tyrone sides were built on strong successful U-21 sides. You talk about talent nucleus but Tyrone have failed to win any of the last 7 Ulster U21 championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Laois to beat Wexford is a far better 5/4 shot to be backing. The bookies are going short on Tyrone and I certainly don't think 8/13 is value. The Armagh game is different and its a very hard game to judge, but I wouldnt be taking 8/15 on them either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Galway up 1-5 to 0-3 against Armagh at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Some Bookmaker is getting his 132 next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Well done Galway, Connacht football isn't dead just yet ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Niallers87

well i got that completely, wrong fair play to galway though!! looks like iv jinxed Tyrone now aswell!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Some Bookmaker is getting his 132 next week

What do you mean? Believe it or not, there's more turnover for anzi makalakalaka vs peewee craphouse in the Latvian 4th division than there is on a GAA qualifier game. We're a small country with not much expendable dough these days, so a trader's opinion on this wouldn't matter much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

Sarcasm and the internet the match made in hell

Advertisement