Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment into AIB credit card

Options
  • 20-07-2013 7:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi

I lodged a significant amount of money into my AIB credit card yesterday morning via cash in an AIB branch. However when I check my online banking this morning it is not showing up at all. I would have think such a payment would be instant if not at the most overnight! Is this normal or should I be worried? Checking this morning I don't seem to have any docket from the lodgement. I normally pay from my current a/c into my card but didn't want to lodge into current a/c to avoid stupid AIB fees!! Any experience of long long such a payment normally takes?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 sleepingghost

From my experience it takes about 3 working days for cash lodgement to appear on a credit card statement. You will see the transaction Tuesday / Wednesday next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

I have found that Mon-Fri that cash transfers are usually very quick, within the hour, but a weekends it can take a whole lot longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Thanks for that. No need to get onto AIB just yet with guns blazing. Never done a cash lodgement onto credit card before so presumed it would be pretty instant or overnight at most like lodging into my current account!

Advertisement