Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Degringola wrote: »
    I feel really sorry for him though, he sounds like a broken man.

I feel sorry for him too. He shouldn't be on here though. This is exploitative on Joe's part, not for the first time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

europa11 wrote: »
    He should go to the HSE until his Welfare is sorted out.

Not going to happen overnight because he left his job. Doesn't matter what country you are in, in that regard, afaik you lose four weeks welfare if you walk out of a job.

(open to correction there but that's my understanding of it)

The HSE might have an opening for him as a hospital masterchef, can he cook?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

he should be claiming of the UK social welfare system...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He's looking for an exception to be made for him.

just doesn't happen like that.

For someone who was working non-stop for so many years, I'm surprised he has nothing to even tide him over for a few weks until he qualifies for SW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Sounds like his Irish family won't talk to him because of his wife and now that his marriage has gone his wife and kids won't talk to him.

17 years in a country and no family or friends to fall back on. His default position is to move to Ireland where he has no contacts. Feel genuinely sorry for me but this isn't a normal social welfare case. This man needs a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

There's an opening for a LavaLoine Special Keyerow Correspondent.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

i cant stop crying joe, it freaks people out.

normal people dont like to talk to people crying.

:D:D

europa11 wrote: »
    He's looking for an exception to be made for him.

just doesn't happen like that.

For someone who was working non-stop for so many years, I'm surprised he has nothing to even tide him over for a few weks until he qualifies for SW.

He said at the start he had money in the UK but only took out the bare minimum out of the account when he left.

he has a car, he did say he has a car to sleep in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I have to say if I was a prospective employer I would be wary of employing someone who walked out on his previous job with no notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I reckon we're hearing about 2% of the story here, and that's through the filter of a man who sounds a bit.....off.

The Freight business.

Give Aubrey a shout Joe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I feel sorry for him too. He shouldn't be on here though. This is exploitative on Joe's part, not for the first time either.

Joe should tell him he should go to the St V de P straight away. They'll give him a bit of help and support which it sounds like he needs.

Edit: Ok he just did.
    About feckin time

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

lazygal wrote: »
    I reckon we're hearing about 2% of the story here, and that's through the filter of a man who sounds a bit.....off.
    That's a bit harsh on Joe.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I won't let them break me ? Is he talking about the state, the state aren't trying to break him.

17 years in the UK, leaves at a drop of a hat and rings Liveline to complain he's not getting a job or state assistance immediately ?

patronising JD,

Meathlass wrote: »
    I have to say if I was a prospective employer I would be wary of employing someone who walked out on his previous job with no notice.

Not to mention mental issues. And rarely for me, I'm not saying that in a mocking tone. He needs professional help and counseling - and not from Dr. Duffy.

Who's "them" ?

Who's breaking him?

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh on Joe.

Not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the fund seems to be missing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

He said he hasn't got dressed yet today but he has been to the social welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

"Home isn't the back of a car"

Hate when Joe rubs it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Bodhran

Presumably he was with the Community Welfare Officer today. He is caught by the Habitual Residence Rule i.e. his main "centre of interest" would be deemed to be in UK where his wife/family and job are located. Presumably his intent would be to be reconciled with his family in UK. Therefore, his habitual residence would be UK and he should have claimed in UK.

He is unlikely to get Jobseeker's Allowance if he gave up a job in UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

How do the qualifications for full and part time jobs differ? Its not like part time trolley work is radically different to full time.

the fund seems to be missing

Pat Kenny took it as severance.

Banned from the SW Office?

He said he hasn't got dressed yet today but he has been to the social welfare office.

Maybe thats what upset the girl in the office.

Lahn Lahn really is a mixed bag isn't it?

Jesus, if Barry Gibb is playing full whack for all of these ads he'll make a loss on the concert even if it sells out unless the tickets are a grand each.

Very civil to Joe's researchers, but not to the people in the SW Office.

Biting the hand that feeds you (albeit eventually)comes to mind.

• Advertisement

http://cdn1.independent.ie/migration_catalog/Non-Staff/article25082953.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/joe_indo

Joe sometimes sleeps in his car aswell, in solidarity with de commin payple.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement