Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She wants to have her baby and eat it.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

she sounded like a lovely person:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was walking down Henry Street late last night (first time in years) and like a shining light in the distance, there it was drawing me in.........Joe's Buke in the window of "Dealz" (new to me I must say but Henry Street sure has changed ;)) for the princely sum of EUR1.49..........
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Burst my shoyte laughing (to the utter bemusement of those I was with - they wouldn't be Lahv Lahners). Joe will love that, now all of the salt-a-dee-irths can afford it. Wonder will he do a signing in Dealz?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I dont understand this case with that woman from Kilkenny.. She wants to have a home birth, using a private midwife, against the advice of the HSE, but wants the state to take responsibility if anything goes wrong?

Well, sure; it's obviously not for her to pick up the tab if her crazy notion goes tistup.
    To be fair, I'm all for choice, in this as so many other things, and I hope it works out for her, because I'm pissed off with the patriarchal medical structure and attitudes in this country; but popping a sprog out is /can be a really hazardous thing to do and if I were one of those with a fanny, I think I'd opt for the hopsittle.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I was walking down Henry Street late last night (first time in years) and like a shining light in the distance, there it was drawing me in.........Joe's Buke in the window of "Dealz" (new to me I must say but Henry Street sure has changed ;)) for the princely sum of EUR1.49..........
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Burst my shoyte laughing (to the utter bemusement of those I was with - they wouldn't be Lahv Lahners). Joe will love that, now all of the salt-a-dee-irths can afford it. Wonder will he do a signing in Dealz?

Joes Buke will soon be cheaper than fuel for the fire.

I think Joes Buke will become fuel for the fire.

• Advertisement

nothing wrong with her mouth anyway

Who de feck are that pair of wooden gimps that advertise Setanta Sports?
    I've heard better voiceovers from a dock piling.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

This one's voice would do your head in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ask her what the sherry trifle was like Joe.

Hostible Menus again.

OMG, boring.

Do these auld biddies have any idea how much it would cost to bring in Michelin Star Chefs and MS standard food into hostibles?

Did anyone look on the Lahv Lahn webpages to see the pics?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She has a good point though and she knows her stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

I dont understand this case with that woman from Kilkenny.. She wants to have a home birth, using a private midwife, against the advice of the HSE, but wants the state to take responsibility if anything goes wrong?

Of course, if she was attached to a church of some sort the media would be screaming at her nonsense.

But not a squeak.

"A 77 year old woman with no taste."
    Ah, don't be so hard on yourself, missus, that shirt really goes with the ankle socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

2 schillings and six pence and still enough over for the bus home

I don't get this if i am in hospital very sick the last thing i give a toss about is the food

Do these auld biddies have any idea how much it would cost to bring in Michelin Star Chefs and MS standard food into hostibles?

They are not asking for Michelin star chefs, but a bit of variety, and making sure the food is suitable for patients. Filet Minion is no use to someone who can't chew.

She wants to replace the pork chops with yogurt sangwiches.

Feck that.

I don't get this if i am in hospital very sick the last thing i give a toss about is the food

If you were perpetually in hospital very sick then quite rightly you would have other things on your mind.

An independent fiefdom?

Sounds a bit marxist Joe. Or was he a Trotskyite? Leninist?

An independent fiefdom?

Sounds a bit marxist Joe. Or was he a Trotskyite? Leninist?

Fiefdoms predate marxism by about 500 years.

• Advertisement

i think she wants individual catering in a largely populated environment. Not possible.

Bad line bad line

Where is he ringing from?

Thank Christ he's gone.

Do researchers not check that callers have no radio on in the background, and or that the line is ok before they put them through to Joe? Is that not a basic function of radio production?

An independent fiefdom?

That's what Joe think RTE. His.

syklops wrote: »
    Fiefdoms predate marxism by about 500 years.

I know I was joking. Like how marxists were meant to consider workers wage slaves, working for The Man, etc.

Commercial break: Munster Joinery, 11890
    only two ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

she sounded like a lovely person:rolleyes:

I thought she had the attitude of those parents that send their kids to private school and expects the State to subsidise the private school fees cos "the State cannot provide an adequate education for my (intellectually gifted) child"..

• Advertisement

i think she wants individual catering in a largely populated environment. Not possible.

She doesn't want individual catering, but offering a range of things is not hard to do.

But of course it can't be provided because of "cuts".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement