Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

lazygal wrote: »
    Loads of auld fellas seem to think the state owes them bags of cash despite their lack of contribution.

So do lots of skangers & women who cant keep their legs closed for every fella they meet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    Hopefully they will whack her with a large legal bill, otherwise she will carry on with this to Europe....

0007ae76-642.jpg

Maybe those "rent an extremist crowd" people behind her might chip in... They are certainly the first to hijack any court case so that they can get their signs on the telly.

That sign should read:
    "Our bodies, our babies, our birth... the state's fault if anything goes wrong"..

It's actually dangerous that a woman with such a sense of entitlement and superiority is a lecturer..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

If she's a first timer she's courting trouble, I would think.
    However, it's her life and nobody else's business.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I was walking down Henry Street late last night (first time in years) and like a shining light in the distance, there it was drawing me in.........Joe's Buke in the window of "Dealz" (new to me I must say but Henry Street sure has changed ;)) for the princely sum of EUR1.49..........
    :D:D

Burst my shoyte laughing (to the utter bemusement of those I was with - they wouldn't be Lahv Lahners). Joe will love that, now all of the salt-a-dee-irths can afford it. Wonder will he do a signing in Dealz?
    SNAP.:D i was in dealz in newbridge today and had to laugh. poor old joe's book being sold for E 1.49. couldn't make myself buy it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

signostic wrote: »
    since there was no Irish pub to go to in Iran to meet the ex-pats, he must think he is the only Irish person who ever went to Iran

Maybe no Irish pub, but there are plenty Christian Persian and Armenian restaurants and hotels in Iran than actually legally serve alcohol! Before 1979, Iran was a sophisticated culture and wine (where does one think the name Shiraz comes from?) was part of their culture.

Khomeini was also a drinker, that was his problem: he was too fond of it and then banned it! Typical ex alcoholic and then try and justify his ban through copycat Saudi Wahabbism. But he and his fellow 'pioneers' could no more stamp that out of Iran than the Irish pioneers could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Lapin wrote: »
    Lift the trade sanctions on Eye Ran and flood the place with Jameson, Bulmers, Guinness and Bailey's.

They get to sample our culture that yer man reckons they wish for.

We increase our exports and omprove our economy.

Everyones a winner !

Iranians drink all this stuff already! Plus their own Shiraz wine (the original), Armenian brandy, vodka and beer. It is perfectly legal if it is drunk on Christian premises and by members of that religion. It is like penal laws against Muslims.

It is strange. Islam like Mormonism states that it is a sin to get drunk and do harm. It is nowhere mentioned that drinking alcohol itself is a sin! Yet, extremists who had an alcohol problem emphasise this.

Recent Iranian leaders all had massive drink problems including Shah Pahlavi, 1979-1989 supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini and current SL Ayatollah Khamenei (who uses alcohol to alleviate bipolar depression). The current regime is founded on the harm alcohol has had in Khomeini's and Khamenei's lives. Khomeini became a wino in France after his son died and was a pretty messed up kid by 1979 when he became leader of Iran.

Saudi Arabia was the first state to religiously ban alcohol in modern times. Despite no grounding for this, it is now assumed Islam is an anti-alcohol religion as everyone copied them and their interpretation. More moderate interpretations of the Koran remain stifled and the huge and rich anti-Islam brigade also make sure the repressive version (that suits their needs) remains predominant.

Iran's new president, Hassan Rouhani, may well turn things on their head.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Iranians drink all this stuff already! Plus their own Shiraz wine (the original), Armenian brandy, vodka and beer. It is perfectly legal if it is drunk on Christian premises and by members of that religion. It is like penal laws against Muslims.

It is strange. Islam like Mormonism states that it is a sin to get drunk and do harm. It is nowhere mentioned that drinking alcohol itself is a sin! Yet, extremists who had an alcohol problem emphasise this.

Recent Iranian leaders all had massive drink problems including Shah Pahlavi, 1979-1989 supreme leader Ayatollah Khomeini and current SL Ayatollah Khamenei (who uses alcohol to alleviate bipolar depression). The current regime is founded on the harm alcohol has had in Khomeini's and Khamenei's lives. Khomeini became a wino in France after his son died and was a pretty messed up kid by 1979 when he became leader of Iran.

Saudi Arabia was the first state to religiously ban alcohol in modern times. Despite no grounding for this, it is now assumed Islam is an anti-alcohol religion as everyone copied them and their interpretation. More moderate interpretations of the Koran remain stifled and the huge and rich anti-Islam brigade also make sure the repressive version (that suits their needs) remains predominant.

Iran's new president, Hassan Rouhani, may well turn things on their head.

Builder Plumber, would you be free to take a call from Joe on-air between 1:45-3:00 any weekday next week? :rolleyes::)

Builder Plumber, would you be free to take a call from Joe on-air between 1:45-3:00 any weekday next week? :rolleyes::)

If he started reading that script to joe thered be a "bad line/hold on there for a minute" at 1:47 as joes brain tries to process what he's just been told

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

What are the chances of Joe's mate Lord Henry Mountcharles talking to Joe to deny that the #Slanegirl photos were taken on his estate?

Because you can be sure the rest of the country certainly will be talking about them if they were. Thread here.

There are a lot of people at fault here, but the person who uploaded the photos should be made to account for his or her actions.

Maybe they were taken in Scotland last year or week as some people are saying. If so, we'll probably have to settle for the usual Misery Monday on Liveline.

What are the chances of Joe's mate Lord Henry Mountcharles talking to Joe to deny that the #Slanegirl photos were taken on his estate?

Because you can be sure the rest of the country certainly will be talking about them if they were. Thread here.

There are a lot of people at fault here, but the person who uploaded the photos should be made to account for his or her actions.

Maybe they were taken in Scotland last year or week as some people are saying. If so, we'll probably have to settle for the usual Misery Monday on Liveline.

I suspect he'll give it a wide berth unless he can work in a bullying or potential death by suicide angle into it. Would be brilliant if he said "for anyone who hasn't seen the pictures or the video we'll put then up on out facebuke page after the show"

Wonder will he be as sympathetic about sweet little innocent Michaela now that more info of her alleged lifestyle, associates and habits have emerged since his appallingly one-used show last week, or will he be as keen to raise money for her now?

Whatever today's topics are unfortunately I won't be able to listen in today. :( enjoy boardsies, hope it's a good one!

• Advertisement

I had some job (if you excuse the pun) finding that image, Lapin.. Seems like it's been pulled from everywhere.. People are saying it's gone worldwide at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

ohmigod, the state of Slaneboy! I'm sorry I looked now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I had some job (if you excuse the pun) finding that image, Lapin.. Seems like it's been pulled from everywhere.. People are saying it's gone worldwide at this stage..

Enter #slanegirl in twitter like Laplin pointed out and you get a load of pics, it's actually very easy to find. First I heard of it was in this forum, Laplin is poisoning the minds of us all.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Lapin is poisoning the minds of us all.

Oh, I forgot to say that I did actually find it after all... Just wasnt as easy as I thought. The thread on here has been pulled.

Cant see Joe discussing it.. I would say it would more like be people giving out about HawkEye i.e. "an all the money them people spent on it, Joe"... or possibly the fact that the teachers have now come out and said that the errors on The Leaving Cert were due to public sector reform... Surely ANY of the teachers who's is considered capable of teaching any particular subject should be capable of putting together an exam for that subject?

If joe doesnt show up today hes seen the pics & gone home to mrs duffy to get her to try his new discovery. I think that will be one topic he,ll be staying miles away from. Can you imagine all the righteous aul ones ringing in

If people here had difficulty finding the pics, no chance anyone in RTE has seen them yet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

She looked like she was just getting it on.
    Nothing new there - thenk feck cameraphones weren't around when I was that age :)
    Sure, there were plenty of compact cameras, but most people didn't actually carry one all the time.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

FYI Henry Mountcharles has passed his title onto his son Alex.

neris wrote: »
    If joe doesnt show up today hes seen the pics & gone home to mrs duffy to get her to try his new discovery. I think that will be one topic he,ll be staying miles away from. Can you imagine all the righteous aul ones ringing in

The average liveline listener doesn't know what a tweet is, so I doubt anyone will be bringing it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

I hope he asks what those 4 siblings were doing protesting in Egypt. They were supposed to holidaying, not protesting..hmmm

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    If it is Slane, I wonder where that corrugated metal is?

I read somewhere that it's actually in Scotland. But then again, we all know thanks to Lahv Lahn, you can't trust the internet!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

sudzs wrote: »
    I read somewhere that it's actually in Scotland. But then again, we all know thanks to Lahv Lahn, you can't trust the internet!! ;)

It was Slane. There's another (clean) picture of her going around with the stage and castle in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I typed slanegirl into google and it asked if I meant slave girl. :o

mike65 wrote: »
    I typed slanegirl into google and it asked if I meant slave girl. :o

Which did you go with?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Slave girl cos it was lots of pictures Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi.

Boombastic wrote: »
    I hope he asks what those 4 siblings were doing protesting in Egypt. They were supposed to holidaying, not protesting..hmmm

The RTE news said they were protesting, but the reports I read yesterday said they were holidaying in the area and took refuge in the mosque.

mike65 wrote: »
    Slave girl cos it was lots of pictures Princess Leia in Return of the Jedi.

That took 11 minutes :p

syklops wrote: »
    The RTE news said they were protesting, but the reports I read yesterday said they were holidaying in the area and took refuge in the mosque.

They were holidaying. They went to peaceful protest. Protest turned nasty (not surprisingly with the tensions over there at the moment). They took refuge in a Mosque and got trapped. When I'm on holidays I usually avoid protests, especially if the country I'm in is unstable and there is a strong possibility I would be captured/shot...Unless something else?

It was Slane. There's another (clean) picture of her going around with the stage and castle in the background.

Must be a panoramic shot because the stage is usually over on the left while the castle is on the right( if you're facing the stage)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Laplin is poisoning the minds of us all.

Yay \0/. Just call me Fr. Lapin from now on. ;)

Cant see Joe discussing it.....

You're probably correct and I was thinking as much when I wrote the post.

It would be difficult to broach the subject without focusing on the humiliation of the individuals in the images involved (especially the girl). I expect thats why the thread was pulled on boards.

However, it does highlight the need for something to be done about idiots posting damaging images online, but I'd dread to thinks that the holy Joes and Marys ringing Liveline would have any influence on such a decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement