Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Is Joe deaf, did he actually think she had an American accent ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

She has a f&^king irish accent Joe, Why are you asking if she has ever been to Ireland?

Lapin, apologies, they have not been banned in the UK, but there is a desire for them to be banned.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"Have you been to Ireland? " :eek:

Does the accent not give you a couple of hints there Joe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Land of the free eh ?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is Joe deaf, did he actually think she had an American accent ?

He's busy reading Jim Larkin's Guide to Coddle and not concentrating on the caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just skimming other threads to prevent dying of boredom listening to this.....

Can anyone else believe that there hasn't been a WORD (well, that I heard anyway) about the girls in jail in Peru?

Surely there's a load of long-suffering mammies out there whose bold children got mixed up in all sorts who could shock us all with the tales of their torture ad nauseum?

(apologies if it was covered and I was in a coma at the time.....)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

"Taverns, bars..." FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Taverns? Its not the 1700s joe

What do you see at night time ? WTF Joe, what do you think, the same as every other time, just darker, and with less kids.

Kids are still allowed out Joe when accompanied, but of course you weren't listening to Shirley when she told you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Just on.

If that woman's daughter worked in a primary school for free or little pay, Joe would have people on next week claiming it was slave labour.

Am I right in thinking those sculpturers were moaning that they felt underappreciated?

And why did Joe want a name of a person in a council, rather than a notice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

neris wrote: »
    Taverns? Its not the 1700s joe

He's fishing to start a topic about that era

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Can anyone else believe that there hasn't been a WORD (well, that I heard anyway) about the girls in jail in Peru?

Surely there's a load of long-suffering mammies out there whose bold children got mixed up in all sorts who could shock us all with the tales of their torture ad nauseum?

Back to Pay-Roo where Michaela and the British Girl that we're not as concerned about are now reported to be suffering from Stockhullum Syndrome and bonding with the prison guards.

When the story initially broke Joe had some pretend priest on looking to get a fund together to support the girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Was on last week he even had a priest from america who's mamny was irish ring in coz hed seen the drug smugglers in the, prison that day

Now maybe I'm mistaking but I thought this mural was taken down in order to be put back up again elsewhere ? Edit: actually, they're still mulling over what to do with it considering the damage to it.

Here's a quote from the story, that both Joe and the caller claimed to have read. But fine details don't come in to such conversations Joe has.
    The mural, which was installed 27 years ago at Abbey Court garden, has suffered significant damage and erosion to its underlying hanging structure, caused by weather, which only became apparent in recent months leading to loss of a significant portion of the tiles. Irish Life Group, advised by Business to Arts, made contact with the artist to alert him of the damage, and commissioned reports from both a noted ceramic conservationist and public art consultancy on the possibilities of repairing the work. However, this is not economically viable due to the sheer scale of the structural damage to the work.

So the artist, the Business to Arts organisation, conservationists were all consulted before it was done. But don't mind paying attention to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"A muusayick".
    Plays tunes to passers-by, does it?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭iamnotme

Bloody hell, gangs of marauding teenagers in the subarbs. Lunatic wants to bar everyone under 57 from the streets? Except her own family of course.

So to speak

This show is getting worse every day, i dont know why i started listening again

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Wandering Angus??..........Stray cow?

• Advertisement

I hope he's not on about this -

mosaic-irish-life-630x332.jpg

What mosaic is he on about :confused:

I really need to pay more attention.

It's never too late (just for you Mooney):

Lapin wrote: »
    I hope he's not on about this -

mosaic-irish-life-630x332.jpg

Looks Shyte Great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Ya know WHY Canada life is one of the richest companies in the world ?

Cause they don't waste money on shyte like this !

Ask the caller if hell pay for it himself and watch how quick he changes his time

You get encouraged to go into parks in Dublin to go drinking ? How did I miss that ?

Muu-say-ak again.

he really is calling it a musaic :eek:

I went 6 weeks earlier this year on a self-imposed Lahv Lahn ban, then I read this thread one day and was drawn back in. I think I need to revisit that ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Ye, providing graffiti wood will solve the scanger problem. Get real.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

"Muuuu zay ak"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement