Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I still don't get how she ended up with the two houses, there are legals to prevent this happening unless you go outside the contact.
    From what I can gather it sounds like she didn't have the patience to make sure the initial deal went through and if that is the case it's hard to have sympathy for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

That's tomorrow's show sorted. Women kicked out of park in Drumcondra for praying. Local resident Bartholomew Ahern might even get in on the act.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Ach, it was an easy situation to get into for thousands of people

Sorry i dont agree, i have 1 house and there is absoloutely no way i couldve ended up with it, without knowing, yet she somehow ended up with 2 and then has the gaul to tell the bank to leave her with 125,000 to start again, 125,000!!! what is she planning to start with that amount, if i was the bank i'd tell her to get lost, but thats unlikely now that Saint Joe has been rung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Mooney had a bit of a Gerry Ryan moment there

Mooney just said "come out of the closet, hands in the air".......describing the Rose of Tralee! Oh the irony......
    He also got Eurovision and Louis Walsh mentions in in the first 2 mins. This is gayer than gaybingo in the George!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Was one of my posts deleted or edited ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Was one of my posts deleted or edited ?

I edited it, the mention of Cliff of Moher meant automatic life ban from boards :P

yop wrote: »
    I edited it, the mention of Cliff of Moher meant automatic life ban from boards :P

Phew! Glad my "Blake's Corner" ref. went largely un-noticed! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

"How anyone would be unmoved?"

Errr, because we have brains!

Unbelievable isn't it. She and thousands like her thought they could make a quick buck thinking they where Donald Trump mark 2. You made your bed now sleep in it woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

tomorrow on Liveline:

Barry from Ballyer: ".....i was just speaking to your researcher Joe, about Bernard Manning, disgrace Joe, absolute disgrace....."

Joe: ".....Bradley! Bradley Manning....."

Caller: ".....oh sorry, Damien, I mean Joe..."

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

No 'heart of the rowl' Dub would refer to Larkin as Jim, it would always be Jem or Jemmy, as in "oul Jem Larkin sorted that bastárd Murphy out", said in a Rashers Tierney voice.

It would make Joe's year if Shane MacThomáis - whose grandfather was in the fibre gade - discovered that Jemmy lived in a Russell Street tenement for a while and paid a peppercorn rent to Granny English. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Phillip boucher hayes is going to br presenting liveline for the next 3 weeks from tomorrow,according to his twitter account. Joe must have got a deal on a new private jet & villa in st.tropez

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Lapin wrote: »
    Mooney wants to find out why Cobh is becoming a popular stop for cruise ships.

He's only just missed the Titanic by a mere 101 years.

If only the Toytanic had stopped off in old Kingstown port to pick up a few crates of coddle and a load of doomed chislers, Joe could talk about it forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

neris wrote: »
    Phillip boucher hayes is going to br presenting liveline for the next 3 weeks from tomorrow,according to his twitter account. Joe must have got a deal on a new private jet & villa in st.tropez

I dont see how giving the job to somebody who is objective and professional will help the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well halle-flippin'-lujah, and hip hip hooray to that :D

Hope he's not telling fibs!!

WTF? He's (Duffy) only back from holidays and off again? I think he was 3 weeks last time as well. I need to get a job in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

goose2005 wrote: »
    If only the Toytanic had stopped off in old Kingstown port to pick up a few crates of coddle and a load of doomed chislers, Joe could talk about it forever
    If the ship had taken the time to onload some stuff from Dublin, it might still be afloat (apart from likely getting sunk in the war, of course).
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

If I could use a CARS movie metaphor:

Joe Duffy
    doc.jpeg

Philip Boucher Hayes
    cars-lightning-mcqueen.jpg

DaMieN O'ReiLly
    88sbgZ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

funny-cars-screensaver.gif

Derek Davis :)

Hitchens wrote: »
    Derek Davis :)

Well I thought my metaphors were good, but your's are "the finest"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder where damo is if pbh has the gig for the next few weeks. Must be of judging a flat cap & wellies competition

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Joe is naive if he thinks the banks will be sympathetic to anyone becoming emotional during a meeting.Only concern for them is how can they get their money from these plebs...that's us.

But seeing as he is not in that type of situation, he cant know jack about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think the bottom one looks more like Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Now now try and be nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Damo must be cutting turf

Anyone else notice how Joe the sleeveen never announces he's off on his jolliers? That's a Fianna Fáil move if ever I saw one.

Wonder what Dermot/Damo did to upset the apple tart (thanks for that one Bertie)? Joe must have thought LitterLahn was too exciting.

I have genuinely never heard PBH doing Lahv Lahn so I hope to be able to listen today.

One good thing to come out of Joe's holidays though is I'm assuming there won't be a Funny Friday this month now? I mean we couldn't have one surely without the ringmaster's great puns and observational comedy, could we? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Couldn't see PBH tolerating Syl and the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I was watching Print and be damned last night on TV3 and there was a whole segment about the history of Independent newspapers, William Martin Murphy and JAMES LARKIN! Seriously, is he following me now?

Meathlass wrote: »
    I was watching Print and be damned last night on TV3 and there was a whole segment about the history of Independent newspapers, William Martin Murphy and JAMES LARKIN! Seriously, is he following me now?

Given Joe's mastery of technology is now at lighting matches level I'd say you're fairly safe from Big Brother if Big Brother is Emperor Joe. :)

• Advertisement

WTF? He's (Duffy) only back from holidays and off again? I think he was 3 weeks last time as well. I need to get a job in RTE.

He probably told RTE he would go to the union cos he wasnt getting as much holidays as Marian..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement