Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

his voice though !

im nodding off to it.

You mean clear with good diction?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

syklops wrote: »

no.

to LOW. He could cure insomnia on a nationwide scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What's this guy proposing, a mandatory law to have at least one member of your family thrown out of the country in order that every family feels the pain of emigration ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

his voice though !

im nodding off to it.

You have become too accustomed to the Duffers accent..

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Recession - Spreading Genes Since Grand Auld Celtic Times.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

...and uses words like kafkaesque! :D

no.

to LOW. He could cure insomnia on a nationwide scale.

Not having a problem with him at all. Much easier on the ears than doo-bee doo joe.

Stock-hollum
    liz-bonn
    What other Joe-isms are there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ah good.

Nothing like a public v private sector row to liven up the liveline.

First time ever a caller on Liveline told the presenter "You have a point" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

signostic wrote: »
    You have become too accustomed to the Duffers accent..

exactly !

wheres the hyperbole ? the hysteria.

this aint liveline . its far too serious and professional.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

With Joe, this fella would have been gone already!

Joe wouldn't tolerate this guy for one minute.

Ah; the Transition Year dilemma... what is that, exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

I love the way he finishes calls in a dignified fashion and gets on to the next person rather than just leaving them on the other line or waffle away about anything at all for ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Doogie Howser will be on next saying he had his medical degree at twelve...

And shur he can hang on for the mooney show as well.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

De private sector ran riot (banks builders and Fianna Fáil) during the Cetic Tiger, that's what has us where we are now. That guy hasn't a clue.
    I don't work in the public sector.

Meathlass wrote: »
    I love the way he finishes calls in a dignified fashion and gets on to the next person rather than just leaving them on the other line or waffle away about anything at all for ages.

Somebody with a clue about handling people.

I did my Leaving a couple of weeks after going 17, too young to both do the leaving and go to college. I ended up dropping out after a year not knowing what I wanted to do in life, spent a year working before going back to college full time.

I'd love them to explore the reasons why a doctor tried to hush the fact that Ireland's first abortion under the recently passed legislation was carried out in his hospital.

From The Journal.

1. #ABORTION Obstetrician Peter Boylan has expressed his anger at the reporting of a termination that is said to have been carried out in Holles St under the new Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013. He said that he will begin investigating the source of the leak immediately.

What is he trying to hide ?

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Somebody with a clue about handling people.

And obviously has had some radio presenting training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Meathlass wrote: »

Duffers would have finished each show with a sssssssssiiiiiiiigggggghhhhhhhh.

I took a Gap Year at 17. Still doing it.

Really disappointed that has ended. the 75 minutes just flew by.

Lapin wrote: »
    I'd love them to explore the reasons why a doctor tried to hush the fact that Ireland's first abortion under the recently passed legislation was carried out in his hospital.

From The Journal.

1. #ABORTION Obstetrician Peter Boylan has expressed his anger at the reporting of a termination that is said to have been carried out in Holles St under the new Protection of Life During Pregnancy Bill 2013. He said that he will begin investigating the source of the leak immediately.

To me, the privacy of the family. If I had been one of the parents I'd be demanding the leak be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

From The Journal.

It breached patient confidentiality I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

From The Journal.

It's unbelievable isn't it. It's 2013 and Ireland might as well be still in the 40's or 50's when it comes to the mere mention of an abortion being carried out. :rolleyes:

Really disappointed that has ended. the 75 minutes just flew by.
    It did too; makes all the difference, having somebody on it who segues properly and controls it without an overt agenda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

my son is also heading into TY and looking forward to it. He studied hard for his JC and I think it is a good break for them.
    They have a long road ahead of LC, college, work etc, a year to kick back is precious, IMO

ThisRegard wrote: »
    To me, the privacy of the family. If I had been one of the parents I'd be demanding the leak be found.

Has the family's name been made public ?

It would be wrong on many levels if it was.

My impression from the article was that the doctor didn't want his workplace to be associated with the termination.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dublin_Mom wrote: »
    my son is also heading into TY and looking forward to it. He studied hard for his JC and I think it is a good break for them.
    They have a long road ahead of LC, college, work etc, a year to kick back is precious, IMO

He wasnt flying anywhere recently was he.. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement