Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

What do RTE spend all our license fee on?

Certainly not professional outside broadcast talent !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He was flying anywhere recently was he.. :D

He made it back from Peru in one piece. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

He was flying anywhere recently was he.. :D

????? well he just did JC so he wasnt on one of the post leaving cert holidays, if thats what you mean??? Maybe I missed something, haven't been a very constant LL for past couple of weeks ...

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Lapin wrote: »
    I'd love them to explore the reasons why a doctor tried to hush the fact that Ireland's first abortion under the recently passed legislation was carried out in his hospital.
    I'm glad it wasn't discussed on today's show, somebody somewhere is getting sense.
    Its a private medical matter for the people concerned, nobody else's business, I'd be more worried about the thousands of children being prisoned and gassed in the Syrian Civil War while the world does nothing, helping the children of Syria, now that's what I call ''PRO LIFE''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Has the family's name been made public ?

It would be wrong on many levels if it was.

My impression from the article was that the doctor didn't want the fact that his workplace to be associated with the termination.

It's no secret that such terminations have been carried out before in order to save a womans life so he's not trying to hide the fact a termination was carried out in the hospital.

But the family could be easily identifiable if you knew someone that were expecting twins, attending this hospital and ended up with no kids.

It's not the publics business what happens in a hospital to a patient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

signostic wrote: »
    You have become too accustomed to the Duffers accent..

... the Duffer's roaring and shouting and abusing his callers, more like.

Caught the end of this in the car.... and at the risk of being a perpetual moaner about LL presenters, I just wanted to stick a key in PBH's back and wind him up a bit, he's so sloooooow! Perfect style for the TV programmes he does, and the radio reports, but just a bit sloooow for an interactive radio show.

HOWEVER.

As per the above, infintely - to the nth degree - preferable to Joe's haranguing of callers he doesn't agree with, and shouting them down, and huffing and puffing and sighing loudly, and then just cutting them off. Never mind that PBH appears to have managed to find some topical things to talk about - who'd've thunk that was possible!

Odd that he started on a Friday, and I think someone above might have been right in saying a lot of today's callers may have been teed up beforehand by Joe/Joe's gang. Next week will be interesting when PBH gets into his stride!

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's no secret that such terminations have been carried out before in order to save a womans life so he's not trying to hide the fact a termination was carried out in the hospital.

But the family could be easily identifiable if you knew someone that were expecting twins, attending this hospital and ended up with no kids.

I agree with all that.

I wasn't aware of the circumstances regarding twins etc and have no wish to know the details.

I'm only going be what I read in The Journal but it now appears the I have relied solely on a piece of selective journalism.

My fault for letting that happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I heard the doctor being interviewed this morning, and this is exactly what I thought he was getting at.

If the abortion was carried out under the new legislation, it will appear in end-of-year reports as part of overall statistics where no particular cases could be identified, I don't think there was any question of him trying to hide anything. He sounded absolutely furious that there had been a leak, and that the journalist had run with it. Have to say I agree with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I thought Joe sounded a bit ragged the last couple of days - perhaps the LL thread's been getting to him :)
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I miss Joe :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Wasn't able to listen today so still haven't hard PBH on De Lahv Lahn. Worth podcasting? Or just read the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Wasn't able to listen today so still haven't hard PBH on De Lahv Lahn. Worth podcasting? Or just read the thread?

Meh, I'm not sure I'd bother... start of the show was a load of women humble bragging about their offspring, and other women talking about idiosyncrasies in the adoption system. One lad had a good oul rant about the private sector having to leaving the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

No point reading the thread. PBH is a fantastic presenter and does not do outragious stories. Im outraged Joe! which unfortunately leads to a boring liveline thread.

Still prefer to listen to him than Joe with his shur-wha-whas, big sighs and WOW me auld flower.

Hitchens wrote: »
    I miss Joe :eek:

The person reversing in the supermarket car park didnt. :D

The person reversing in the supermarket car park didnt. :D

What, again?
    Unlucky, Joe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Yes Joe, because you haven't a clue about this disease, the rest of the country had no idea about it either. You condescending fool.

The prick doesn't even know the name of the disease. He was constantly calling it lymes disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What will Lord Fauntleroy be discussing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

What will Lord Fauntleroy be discussing today?

You miss Joe too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe would have a field day with an aul salt of de earth Dubalin shop closing

Joe would have a field day with an aul salt of de earth Dubalin shop closing

I bought me furst radio to listen to you there Joe.. Unfortunately I bought every radio since from the Interweb which is why they are closing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

"Back in 1913 Big Jim Larkin took a piss on the side wall of Peats as he was locked out of the Jacks Joe"

I bought a Walkman there many moons ago so I'd to have something to listen to on a train to Belfast later that day.

Hopped on the train all happy with my new toy and only realised as it was pulling out of Connolly that I forgot to bring any feckin tapes. :o

Different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I bought a Walkman there many moons ago so I'd to have something to listen to on a train to Belfast later that day.

Hopped on the train all happy with my new toy and only realised as it was pulling out of Connolly that I forgot to bring any feckin tapes. :o

Different times.
    Joe would have LUVVVED that story.:rolleyes:

Caller: "Good afternon, Joe"
    Joe: "Good afternoon. You've been running Peats Electronics for the last fourteen years, selling TVs, VCRs, camcorders, tape recorders"..
    Caller:"Yeah, Joe."
    Joe:"Do YOU have a recording of Jim Larkin's voice?"

Never bought anything from Peats and every time I looked at their website their prices were a joke; not against overseas competition, it was frequently the case that other box-shifters within Ireland could easily beat them.
    The writing was on the wall for years, but they insisted on hanging on to the high rent premises last year - they should have got rid and relocated to an industrial unit, and went entirely online with a counter out front.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I thought they were not allowed read out comments/texts..only on-air contributions only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

God dam he can even say why correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

FFS It's Posh Boy again. I wonder if Uncle Myles and himself are car-pooling for the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Ahwight Dawlin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Boucher Hayes introducing himself was my cue to change the station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement