Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

How greedy Susan. You could've paid it forward if you didn't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

240 euro on groceries :eek:

someone didn't do the aldi swap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Did you miss the bit where she is a teacher getting paid extra for the July Provision? ;) Budget :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

The famous Croke Park 2 agreement doesn't allow for any wage cuts, so the institutions have to cut services to the needy instead. And this seems to be fine as far as the beardy ones are concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

And what is WRONG with lentils, eh?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Dan Jaman wrote: »

what's right about with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

These wans who don't have TV seem to be very fond of listening to the radio and ringing the Lavelahn!

Dan Jaman wrote: »

They're for poor people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"I dont have a TV, but I go to my neighbours house to watch world events like the world cup and the tsunami"

F&%king hypocrit.

I have a TV Philip but I sometimes turn it off and do other things. Am I special?

syklops wrote: »
    "I dont have a TV, but I go to my neighbours house to watch world events like the world cup and the tsunami"

F&%king hypocrit.

I have a TV Philip but I sometimes turn it off and do other things. Am I special?

Just stands in the front garden looking through the window until his neighbours pull the curtains. He gets to see fair city in summer, but not winter :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

What's the point of this lad?

Boombastic wrote: »
    They're for poor people
    Make me fart fantastic, so they do.

A farting horse will never tire
    A farting man's the man to hire

See, when I turn up a job interviews I make sure to let a good ripper go as I walk in the room, to let them know I'm a good worker.

Boombastic wrote: »
    Just stands in the front garden looking through the window until his neighbours pull the curtains. He gets to see fair city in summer, but not winter :(
    But you can get the free Wi-Fi all the time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This fella will be in trouble for putting county council workers out of a job....

Any chance CCC would donate the money saved by this volunteer doing their work to the disable charities from earlier?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

A caller from West Cork with a Cork accent.

I'm confused. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Joe would have this fellow off the air for taking work from council workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Instead of everybody asking people for favours, why dont we just ask people to stop exploiting the benefit systems?

Instead of everybody asking people for favours, why dont we just ask people to stop exploiting the benefit systems?

And why don't we just ask politicians and higher Civil Servants to stop exploiting the most vulnerable.

coolhull wrote: »
    And why don't we just ask politicians and higher Civil Servants to stop exploiting the most vulnerable.

Who are the most vulnerable?

Well, maybe its just me, but I would think the mentally or physically disabled are pretty vulnerable.
    Wouldn't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

This show is too sensible, they are giving the other side of the argument now!! Would never happen if Joe was running the researchers.

Well, maybe its just me, but I would think the mentally or physically disabled are pretty vulnerable.
    Wouldn't you?

Are they the most vulnerable? I hear the phrase 'most vulnerable' and I tune out because its applied to every single sectoral group that has had any cuts to payments/services/wages/anything else coming from the state.

Wouldn't you?
    Yes, but all the admin bods are not :mad:

Bingo - disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Fair play to that 73 yr old lady,Delores.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

"She said what I said in a long-winded way".

Says the woman blathering on for 5 minutes

baldbear wrote: »
    Fair play to that 73 yr old lady,Delores.
    She wouldn't last long with our Joseph:(

Taking students out for drives can cause a bit of bother. :)

lazygal wrote: »
    Are they the most vulnerable? I hear the phrase 'most vulnerable' and I tune out because its applied to every single sectoral group that has had any cuts to payments/services/wages/anything else coming from the state.
    Lazygal, maybe you know another sector of society that needs help to dress themselves, use the toilet, eat or drink. But in fairness, most of the politicians and public service can manage to do those things on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

lazygal wrote: »
    Who are the most vulnerable?

I would say those people with intellectual disabalities who require 24 supervision.

People who, through no fault of their own cannot live the kind of independent lives the rest of us take for granted.

People whose educational needs are being curtailed and respite for their families being denied.

The type of people we hear about on this programme on an all too regular basis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement