Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

"A change is as good as a rest, RTE take note"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oooh, nice dig by that last caller at Joe (or the programme anyway).

"A change is as good as a rest, take note RTE" :D:D

ETA - bah, you have to be quick around here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

She slipped in a '**** it' there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

coolhull wrote: »
    Lazygal, maybe you know another sector of society that needs help to dress themselves, use the toilet, eat or drink. But in fairness, most of the politicians and public service can manage to do those things on their own.

I've heard that children (ALL of them apparently) are the most vulnerable. Ditto pensioners, regardless of their means. And all patients in hospital. Pregnant women, too, it seems (even though I don't feel particularly vulnerable). Its a meaningless phrase that's totally overused and makes me tune out, no matter how 'vulnerable' the group being referred to may be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Someone is going to be the Mooney Show telling Derek the "format" that makes The Hit a winning successful TV show.

So is he going to sit there and say they simply copied the successful concepts the X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice, and other 'talent' contests by employing celebrities to take part and charge the viewers to vote for their favourite acts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

lazygal wrote: »
    I've heard that children (ALL of them apparently) are the most vulnerable. Ditto pensioners, regardless of their means. And all patients in hospital. Pregnant women, too, it seems (even though I don't feel particularly vulnerable). Its a meaningless phrase that's totally overused and makes me tune out, no matter how 'vulnerable' the group being referred to may be.

Don't forget asylum seekers, addicts, homeless, mentally ill

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I really like PBH and think he is an excellent presenter, professional and accomplished in everything he does, however one area where he cannot compete with Joe is pure unadulterated comedy. Some of the funniest radio moments over the last number of years have always involved Joe. Every now and then we get what I call a "Get a grrrrrripppppp" moment when Joe loses the head because someone has deviated from his carefully orchestrated agenda. His mispronunciations at this stage have reached legendary status and his "faux" empathy towards topics he has no interest in nearly make me cry with laughter. So in essence for comedic value I would still prefer Joe at the helm despite all his little fault-eens.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

goose2005 wrote: »
    Don't forget asylum seekers, addicts, homeless, mentally ill
    All that must add up to 80% of the population:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

goose2005 wrote: »
    Don't forget asylum seekers, addicts the unwell, homeless, mentally ill

Please, use the correct term ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I really like PBH and think he is an excellent presenter, professional and accomplished in everything he does, however one area where he cannot compete with Joe is pure unadulterated comedy. Some of the funniest radio moments over the last number of years have always involved Joe. Every now and then we get what I call a "Get a grrrrrripppppp" moment when Joe loses the head because someone has deviated from his carefully orchestrated agenda. His mispronunciations at this stage have reached legendary status and his "faux" empathy towards topics he has no interest in nearly make me cry with laughter. So in essence for comedic value I would still prefer Joe at the helm despite all his little fault-eens.

Yes to all of the above.

I'm finding it very hard to get cross with PBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

lazygal wrote: »
    Who are the most vulnerable?

Apparently, the most vulnerable people in Ireland are the poor auld politicians who may lose their seats in the next general election. We have to pay them very well because the poor auld divils have no job security and we also have to look after them by appointing them to either the Seanad or various boards if they lose their seat !!

They are not the most intelligent and may not be appreciative of the population. But care workers need to be patient with them and ignore what they say and do because it is their vulnerability that makes them the way they are !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Is this for real???? I would never like to be disrespectful but which of you boardsies dreamed up this one can't really believe this might happen even on the joe show I wonder if it was a ryanair flight
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2405341/Funeral-interrupted-stewardess-message-prepare-doors-landing-radio-signals-passing-plane-picked-church-s-speakers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Joe, 57, a radio DJ,"

That's all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

sligojoek wrote: »
    "Joe, 57, a radio DJ,"

That's all we need.

Joe 57+++

gjc wrote: »
    Is this for real???? I would never like to be disrespectful but which of you boardsies dreamed up this one can't really believe this might happen even on the joe show
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2405341/Funeral-interrupted-stewardess-message-prepare-doors-landing-radio-signals-passing-plane-picked-church-s-speakers.html
    Joe is closer to God than we think.:D How come he didn't ring the Lavelahn to relate his 'supernatural experience'?. No doubt we'll hear all about it when he comes back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Joe is closer to God than we think.:D How come he didn't ring the Lavelahn to relate his 'supernatural experience'?. No doubt we'll hear all about it when he comes back.

heard him talking to ryan tubridy this morning about this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Pity it wasn't a Ryanair flight, Just as Joe was to do his eulogy about his relative being gone before his time, the music would play through the speaker system informing us that yet another Ryanair flight has landed ahead of schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

This is what happens when cut-price electronics are used. Properly designed sets would have blocked that out. In fact, Duffo would be blocked out, too.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Duffy will have a horn over this one, interpreting it a sign that he is God's Chosen One and his voice on earth.

"And to tink if I waz in Meed I wouldn't have been aloud to say me ewell-O-gee"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Comments:
    Joe is not a radio DJ. He has one of the biggest shows on RTE radio in Ireland sorting out peoples problems.
    Only reason it's news is because of Duffy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Lucky the Pilots didn't pick up Joe's eulogy on their headsets or they might have ditched in the English Channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Did Syl make it back from Hollywood for the fun-er-al? :pac:

How did it get in the Daily Mail?
    Did Joe phone a contact and say "listen I'm a z list celeb and this is what happened, make sure you put in my photo yknow the one with the dickiebow.."

snubbleste wrote: »
    How did it get in the Daily Mail?
    Did Joe phone a contact and say "listen I'm a z list celeb and this is what happened, make sure you put in my photo yknow the one with the dickiebow.."
    They must used the wide-angle lens to get all those chins in.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Prepare doors for landing"...

If it was the voice of God, he would have said "No, Joe, try the other door with the flames coming out of it"

The beggar probably earns more than her

Also, there's a smell of urine off the coins..

I gave them money to get whatever they wanted like drugs or alcohol

If it was RyanAir they would have let her fly the plane herself..

• Advertisement

As I was driving the other day two auld wans decided to cross the road 20 mtrs in front of me without even looking. I decided to brake hard and not run them down. Was that one act of kindness or two?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement