Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

It's a promotion for radio silly. Joe is the daddy of them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's just been announced that Seamus Heaney died, so I'm sure that the show will be about him..

Has there been any discussion of Brian Cowan's interview on TG4 at all, or did I miss that bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

It's just been announced that Seamus Heaney died, so I'm sure that the show will be about him..

I can see Joe coming back from his holidays for this

Has there been any discussion of Brian Cowan's interview on TG4 at all, or did I miss that bit?
    The interview is to be broadcast next Thursday @ 7.30 ar an taobh eile

Joe attempts to get a microphone close to Jim Larkin to hear his voice

jim.jpg

• Advertisement

snubbleste wrote: »
    Joe attempts to get a microphone close to Jim Larkin to hear his voice

Could you imagine if the council had to remove the statue to do building works.. That would definitely get him back off his holidays.

79u6EG.jpg

Very underwhelming line up..

Without Pat Kenny and Ryan Tubridy (who some people like apparently), I think RTE would have been better off not having a launch.. Pat really was the only star in there.. He was always the one that Noel Curran would hide behind saying "well we have to pay the right money or people like Pat Kenny will leave"... Hard to see how he can justify a 63 million loss with the standard of talent they have in there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

PETER FLANAGAN – 30 AUGUST 2013
    Independent

THE issue of RTE's big salaries has been "put to bed" by Pat Kenny's move to Newstalk, according to the acting head of radio at the state broadcaster.

Jim Jennings said the ongoing controversy over the fees paid by RTE to its stars was effectively over now it had been outbid by Newstalk for Mr Kenny's services.

"The argument was always made that RTE skewed the market in terms of presenters' fees and so on. Pat's move has kind of put that argument to bed," he said.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/kennys-newstalk-move-puts-rte-pay-controversy-to-bed-29538371.html

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Please can we keep this on the topic of Liveline please and not the general RTE information

thanks
    Splinter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its going to be 75 mins of people who love the sound of there own voice and full of self importance, blubbering over seamus heaney today isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Its going to be 75 mins of people who love the sound of there own voice and full of self importance, blubbering over seamus heaney today isn't it?

Add at least 20 minutes from the News at 1 to that, reports from sites of natural disasters have been more upbeat than this.

fupn hell, they tracked down Michael Lynn !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im sorry he is dead, but God I can't stand his poetry. Unfortunately my various english teachers loved him so I had to study loads of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh gawd, I don't think I can take much more of the way these lyrical literary types pronounce the word poetry. :rolleyes:

I can imagine that phone call ..

Missus Heaney: "Seamus, phone for you"..
    Seamus: "Who is it?"
    Missus Heaney: "It's Robinson again".
    Seamus: "oh ffs, tell her I'm at the dentist"..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

what an opening line:D

I think I'll get a "flaggy" of cider.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

what an opening line:D

You can dry clothes on it.:D

I think I'll get a "flaggy" of cider.. :(

Drop one down to me, but fill it with whiskey will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would nearly take a funny Friday over this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

All I can think of when I hear of Seamus Heaney is David McSavages parody of him on the Savage Eye:D

JM Skipton wrote: »
    All I can think of when I hear of Seamus Heaney is David McSavages parody of him on the Savage Eye:D

Post up a link there. It might cheer us up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Fawning shíte...........for that reason, I'm out :mad:

People cannot pay tribute to somebody without completely exaggerating.. I heard a good one on Newstalk...(paraphrased) "Seamus Heaney's death is a death of such tragic proportions, that the only person capable of adequately describing it would be the poet himself"

Kind of reminded me of when Joey's character (the doctor) died in Days Of Our Lives.
    This angers the show's writers, who out of spite, "kill off" his character by having Dr. Ramoray fall down an elevator shaft. Ironically, the character's brain was so smashed in that the only doctor who could have saved him was himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Tears!! Joe will be raging he's missing this!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

People cannot pay tribute to somebody without completely exaggerating.. I heard a good one on Newstalk...(paraphrased) "Seamus Heaney's death is a death of such tragic proportions, that the only person capable of adequately describing it would be the poet himself"

Kind of reminded me of when Joey's character (the doctor) died in Days Of Our Lives.

Enda Kenny(well his speech writer)

oh here we go...

Mid Term Ballsup..

God I hated Mid-term Break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

Lyric is playing Seamus Heaney poetry readings in between the odd bit of classical music.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement