Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

His greatest gift was that he never lost the plot and told one of these fawning muppets to f**k off.. That was a real gift Philip...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I think this should be a day of mourning, and we should all be allowed go home to the pub to mourn the death of a salesman poet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Hitchens wrote: »
    Fawning shíte...........for that reason, I'm out :mad:

Tis.

But be thankful Joe isn't in the seat.

Nobody does fawning like him.

He could have been pope!

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

I wrote a poem but rte wont let me on

Dere was an old guy called heaney
    kids all called him a meaney
    The day that he died
    His poems all expired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lapin wrote: »
    Tis.

This! I lasted almost 15 minutes, and when yer wan started blubbing about the poem about Marie (I think, was trying very hard not to listen) I had to switch off. But as I did, I thought "imagine if Joe was at the mic......" :eek:

Are they still on the dead poet, or has normal service resumed? I'm afraid to switch on again.....

He cooked a great omelet, Philip....

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    This! I lasted almost 15 minutes, and when yer wan started blubbing about the poem about Marie (I think, was trying not to listen) I had to switch off. But as I did, I though "imagine if Joe was at the mic......" :eek:

Are they still on the dead poet, or has normal service resumed? I'm afraid to switch on again.....

Id go away for some tea first if I were you.

Edit: I think thats the end of the segment.

Joe would have gotten the day out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Lapin wrote: »
    Tis.

Correct, Joe would be the first recorded case of a male having multiple orgasms due to the topics discussed......death, poetry and a cultural icon

It really hit him as the taxi collected him to bring him to his permanent, high paid job in RTE :D:D

(sorry philip, I do like you :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This boyo has FF written all over him

PBH:"Where did you leave?"
    Caller:"Ireland"

:rolleyes:

syklops wrote: »
    Id go away for some tea first if I were you.

Edit: I think thats the end of the segment.

Joe would have gotten the day out of it.

This thread certainly has its uses! Can't believe they didn't knock the entire programme and half of Monday's out of it.

Sounds like back to everyday misery - emigration - am I right? Or is this M. Lynn related???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Well, thank feck PBH knows how to keep things in their place - I was seriously expecting the whole afternoon devoted to a dead poet.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Farc FM

Why is he lauging at the idea of a foreign broadcast journo? Yer man who's doing Playback at the moment, and sometimes produces Mooney (I'm not even going to begin to try to spell his name) does alright here!

What's this fella's point (genuine question) :confused:

Wouldnt like to get stuck on a flight to Colombia with this lad.... Him ringing in has nothing to do with Philip's emigration and everything to do with his self promotion...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"Wrong-way Corrigan".
    Well, it's the right way for some and I have nothing against that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

His greatest gift was that he never lost the plot and told one of these fawning muppets to f**k off.. That was a real gift Philip...
    Your absolutely right, fawning muppets and politicians over the next few days is going to be overbearing.
    I had the pleasure of meeting Seamus Heaney once on a boat, still stays with me, I hope the sods of turf lay gently on his soul, we'll never see his like again, a very human natural person full of goodness.
    May he rest in peace.

Why is he lauging at the idea of a foreign broadcast journo? Yer man who's doing Playback at the moment, and sometimes produces Mooney (I'm not even going to begin to try to spell his name) does alright here!

What's this fella's point (genuine question) :confused:

That emmigration isn't so bad. Or more a case of "Emmigration wasn't painful for me and therefore it shouldnt be for other people"

• Advertisement

That emmigration isn't so bad. Or more a case of "Emmigration wasn't painful for me and therefore it shouldnt be for other people"

Well fair play to him, and I agree wholeheartedly. I have no doubt some people are forced abroad against their will, but young wans just out of college should look on it as an adventure, the world is a much smaller place than when I went abroad (voluntarily) after college and it was a huge adventure then - all depends on your perspective a lot of the time.

Oh, I'm going to be grumpy by the end of this programme, I can tell - I've only just woken up and LL is not a good introduction to the day :eek:

how did he get his big head into the plane thats what i would like to know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RTE Fan

That Brendan guy sounded like a ****

This has been the case for years.... and at Heathrow from memory..... what's his problem :confused:

But but but.... how do they know you're ENTITLED to be in that queue!

Jesus, do some people go around the place looking for arguments? (I know the answer to that)

Well fair play to him, and I agree wholeheartedly. I have no doubt some people are forced abroad against their will, but young wans just out of college should look on it as an adventure, the world is a much smaller place than when I went abroad (voluntarily) after college and it was a huge adventure then - all depends on your perspective a lot of the time.

Oh, I'm going to be grumpy by the end of this programme, I can tell - I've only just woken up and LL is not a good introduction to the day :eek:

Well we need to agree which demographic we are talking about. Young wans just out of college are different to people like myself who have established lives and relationship but are faced with emmigration or the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What's with the glut of people lately who sound as if they're reading from a script ?

The Brits have a policy of being on top all the time ?! Serious chip on his shoulder.

Jesus, how not to visit the UK.

Well we need to agree which demographic we are talking about. Young wans just out of college are different to people like myself who have established lives and relationship but are faced with emmigration or the dole.

Oh absolutely, I refer to you to the first line of my post! But it's not a blanket disaster either.

In the meantime, the REAL problems of the world are now being dealt with - Mr. Paranoia is losing the run of himself here. Playing games with "The Brits" is not something I'd indulge in if I wanted to get into England!

• Advertisement

i would make sure this lad got a strip search next time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement