Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I still have my boarding card from the last flight I took! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,364 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You'll have to stand in a queue - the horror :eek:

"You showed them".... I don't think so, Philip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Put boarding pass into passport, put passport into pocket, get on plane, arrive at destination, queue for security/emmigration, pass passport to officer. Who doesn't do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

absolute arseh0le

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I'm with the Brits here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

i would make sure this lad got a strip search next time

Maybe that's what he enjoys!

What's the problem with proving your ENTITLEMENT (Joe hasn't left the building at all :D) to use the CTA?

This fella's spoiling for a fight, but my money would be on HM Immigration Services!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

WTF? The man's quite right - you are, as Irish citizens, most of you, entitled to travel unencumbered and unhindered between here and the UK - and anyone who puts obstacles in the way of that is acting illegally.
    Simple as that.
    The bloke is simply standing up for his rights - and there's a lot of spineless tossers who could learn about that.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    WTF? The man's quite right - you are, as Irish citizens, most of you, entitled to travel unencumbered and unhindered between here and the UK - and anyone who puts obstacles in the way of that is acting illegally.
    Simple as that.
    The bloke is simply standing up for his rights - and there's a lot of spineless tossers who could learn about that.

But how, in a mill of random flight disembarkers from all over the world for all I know, do you prove that you've travelled from the CTA? You show your boarding pass!

So its fixed?

Next!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    But how, in a mill of random flight disembarkers from all over the world for all I know, do you prove that you've travelled from the CTA? You show your boarding pass!
    No problem with that - but as anyone who's travelled between here and the UK on a regular basis knows, the rules are observed more in the breach than the compliance.
    The feking UK Customs and Immigration bastids make things up as they go along, and I'm not kidding about that. The old bollix about the PoTA comes into play and I'm heartily sick to my back teeth of the petty abuse of power those feckers play every day.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They knew Sepp Blatter.. So he got to play 20 minutes of the match..

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    No problem with that - but as anyone who's travelled between here and the UK on a regular basis knows, the rules are observed more in the breach than the compliance.
    The feking UK Customs and Immigration bastids make things up as they go along, and I'm not kidding about that. The old bollix about the PoTA comes into play and I'm heartily sick to my back teeth of the petty abuse of power those feckers play every day.

I'm not a madly regular traveller to the UK, but I'd have to disagree with the above.

The CTA has always struck me as a contraditction in terms - on the one hand, you have free, unencumbered travel between the two jurisdictions for nationals of both - but on the other hand, how do you prove that you're a national of one or t'other - you have to show a passport, which is the only definitive proof of nationality in the end of the day.

What's this one rambling on about? Think I should've stayed in bed, this is most definitely not the way to start the day!

They got footage of Marion for her grand return tomorrow.. I'd say they had to do some digging to find that..

Sitting here in my sparkly track suit,
    Drinking cider and chewing on a juicy fruit...

*takes a bow*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

That boarding card lad really embarrassed me.

Living in the UK and put Liveline on the radio in work. The other lads here thought it was a wind up parody show.

Pretty damn funny radio though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RTE Fan

Living in the UK and put Liveline on the radio in work. The other lads here thought it was a wind up parody show.

Did you tune in online or on longwave?

I remember listening to the rubberbandits episode with tears streaming down my face, and to properly explain to my czech colleagues why it was funny would have taken a 2 hour lecture with pictures and diagrams.

It's the whole beatification of people that Liveline gets involved in that annoys me... I swear if Michael Lynn died, RTE would find somebody to say that he was the bestest, most honest chap they had ever met..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Please don't...........

• Advertisement

Just checked out Event Elephant's website....
    Important Information - Neil Hughes and Joseph Walsh of Hughes Blake were appointed Joint Official Liquidators to EventElephant Limited on 7 August 2013. Any party with a claim against the company should contact the offices of Hughes Blake on +353 (0) 1 66 99 999

Peeling potatos

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dutchie

what a way to finish de liveline dis week, plumy accent v plumy accent. Go on PBH you can do it.
    I'm off to movies and booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

While we are all on a literary buzz today I would like to describe the show today in the words of Edmund Blackadder "Well it started badly...it tailed off a little in the middle....and the less said about the ending the better....."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Who needs 'Funny Friday' when you have the 'boarding card saga'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

RTE Fan wrote: »
    Did you tune in online or on longwave?

I listen using that TuneIn app on my phone. Great way to stay in touch with Irish goings-on over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

It's the whole beatification of people that Liveline gets involved in that annoys me... I swear if Michael Lynn died, RTE would find somebody to say that he was the bestest, most honest chap they had ever met..
    couldn't agree more, not a poetry fan so can't coment on his stuff but every one on the liveline was trying to better each other by loving him more, crying more or having spoken to him the longest .. god rest him but if he could hear that ****e he'd prob be thinking . chill the **** out i only wrote a few poems:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Anyone catch Lahv Lahn regular/stalwart/possible future presenter when Joe goes on holliers (I wouldn't rule anything out on Lahv Lahn!) Aubrey's (that's Aubrey fom AMC Removals in case you didn't know- lol) new ad on Newstalk Breakfast this morning?

It went something like......

Hi, I'm Aubrey from AMC Removals. Pat Kenny made the right move, if you want to make move too, just call AMC Removals...and then goes on for ages saying AMC Removals as often as is possible is a 30 second ad.

Classic Aubrey! :D

I had a dream that Joe Duffy didnt like how well PBH was received and cut his holiday short to come back. Turned into a nightmare to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Turn on the radio at 1.45 first word I hear is Diarrhea and I knew I was at live lahnnnnn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement