Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

"Making money out of your misery", shows mission statement in a nutshell!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Careful now bernard you dont want to upset anyone with the truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

The lovely 5 bedroom house with no food in the fridge :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

€38 an hour? Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Buy to let. What could go wrong!?

3318158.jpg
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Let's all throw in a few Euro to tide this wan over for a couple of weeks. She seems to have no family or friends.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

This drives me mad.

The dole is stopped as soon as the job begins yet she won't be getting paid for weeks.

Her claim should remain live until she receives her first paycheck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

"I use public transport but I get a taxi if I don't know where the place is..."

try google maps, it's free. :rolleyes:

The department of Social Protection (laughable name) have fúckall knowledge of the real world.

Boombastic wrote: »
    The lovely 5 bedroom house with no food in the fridge :(
    I used to see that all the time in more normal times - where the upwardly mobile housetiers would skin themselves to buy above what they could really afford.
    Decent big old houses, but couldn't afford carpets. Where and why do you think the fad for stripped pine started?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Steady on Philip!! :eek:

PBH Flirting;) What next?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I know how she feels - I work for myself, the last time I started a new contract, it was six weeks before I saw any cash (start at the first of the month, invoice at the end of the month, get paid for invoice roughly 15 days later). There should be some interim system that can pay you something to live on while you work your first month, and then perhaps then you pay it back over a few months by a special levy against your salary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

WTF is that buzz at the start of the Shawshank advert?

"Questions that can only be answered at a political level".

There lies the cause of Natalie's problems to begin with.

She has done everything to improve her life, worked hard to get the qualifications for the job she obviously wants and the state is treating her like a gobshíte.

Yet there are people signing on the dole for years with no intention of working and nothing is being done about them. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He was 16 minutes late, not one !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I can't get over people who support John Waters.

I also can't understand people moaning about being clamped. They must have a lot of time on their hands writing pages of letters and calling Liveline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

syklops wrote: »
    WTF is that buzz at the start of the Shawshank advert?

I asked that yesterday, I think it's supposed to be the sound effect of the doors being buzzed open in prison.

Really, I don't have much of a problem with LA ticketers and clampers, but the private ones boil my piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Lapin wrote: »
    This drives me mad.

The dole is stopped as soon as the job begins yet she won't be getting paid for weeks.

Her claim should remain live until she receives her first paycheck.

There is always the Community Welfare Officer to sort out interim payments, using the system you mentioned would sadly only lead to abuse of claims. You also have the right to have a certain amount of your wages subbed to you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

"I probably would have digged it out".

Lol, talking about spelling mistakes!

You see it on boards all the time. "Theres no jobs out there, I've sent out 100s of CVs with no response". Did you write a cover letter? "Should I have...?"

I had job application forms for a pub I ran in London some years ago. (I never trusted CVs).

One of the questions on the form was "What is your nationality"?

I once received a form from an applicant who ansewered that question by saying "Black".

This guy is looking for bar staff? He makes it sound like he's looking for a CEO?

Pictures on CVs now?
    Don't want to be hiring any of those old ugly feckers now, do we?

Richard getting himself into a right old state there!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

And he only seems able to hold onto them for a year...why the constant recruitment?

Roger_007 wrote: »
    This guy is looking for bar staff? He makes it sound like he's looking for a CEO?

He's not asking for anything difficult.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Why is he labouring this point about pictures on CVs? Move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

I must admit i have a bit of a thing for spelling errors but i am not going to ring liveline complaining about it.

Go on, giz a job.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement