Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

syklops wrote: »
    This story doesnt add up.

My thoughts exactly, it's the old liveline classic of full facts never being produced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ryanair are a low cost airline and if instead of treating them like delta and expecting delta-like service, treat them like bue eireann. I got a bus eireann ticket yesterday, if i hadnt been able to make the journey, I would put the ticket in the bin and get another one.

Talk of letters from hospitals yadda yadda, just rebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

This story doesnt add up.

I think youre correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Shes not getting it is she?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Did Joe get knocked down again or what? This must be the 4th week in a row he has been off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Of course Ryanair have an answer for everything.

You'll find all the answers in their T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

They have answers for everything.......unlike yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

She will take out travel insurance next time, that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

I wonder will there be anyone on today with a real problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭bigroad

Well for them being able to go on holidays in the first place.No insurance to cover the family.What do these people be thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Ryanair are a low cost airline and if instead of treating them like delta and expecting delta-like service, treat them like bue eireann. I got a bus eireann ticket yesterday, if i hadnt been able to make the journey, I would put the ticket in the bin and get another one.

Talk of letters from hospitals yadda yadda, just rebook.

Completely agree in the normal run of things, but exceptional circumstances where medical issues arise, and they have the ability to change flights without any issue i.e. plenty of seats available - I think Ryanair and its staff could have helped out and clearly decided not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

They have answers for everything.......unlike yourself

She is happy to have got on the lavlahn to have a pop at Ryanair and is now happy in the knowledge that thousands of lavlahn listeners who have heard her story, took note of it and will never ever fly with Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

It is a fair comment. I live with the result of your average person's attitude to animals every week.
    I foster animals for an animal charity.
    I stand over my remark 100%.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just adding that it's not only Irish people that are like that. (And in the main, I was referring to global, colonial type attitudes that would have prevailed back in the late 1800s, not nowadays.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

PauloMN wrote: »
    Completely agree in the normal run of things, but exceptional circumstances where medical issues arise, and they have the ability to change flights without any issue i.e. plenty of seats available - I think Ryanair and its staff could have helped out and clearly decided not to.

Ah yes but you would expect exceptional treatment from the likes of Aer Lingus, with Ryanair most people would just say "well you get what you pay for" and put it down to a horrible experience instead of ringing Liveline and wondering why you couldn't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear :)

signostic wrote: »
    She is happy to have got on the lavlahn to have a pop at Ryanair and is now happy in the knowledge that thousands of lavlahn listeners who have heard her story, took note of it and will never ever fly with Ryanair

except for me, i'll be quite happy when i'm flying to liverpool with them for matches this season.

I believe Ryanair offer you travel insurance when booking and if you refuse it they give you warning that you should not travel without insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Yakuza wrote: »
    I'm not disagreeing with you, just adding that it's not only Irish people that are like that. (And in the main, I was referring to global, colonial type attitudes that would have prevailed back in the late 1800s, not nowadays.)

I didn't say it was only Irish people. I'm Irish, I live in Ireland, I can only offer an opinion based on my own location and circumstance.
    You've completely lost me on the global/colonial attitudes line, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Self serving pr*ick.

PBH getting annoyed.......!:confused:

Roger_007 wrote: »
    PBH getting annoyed.......!:confused:

and so he should when he has to deal with a caller like this one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

If I asked Ryanair can i change my booking to tomorrow nights flight i would expect a hefty charge. If I had found out from yer man that there is 26 seats available on the flight i want to go out on, I would simply whip out my smart phone, book two tickets for that plane, and then swing by the bar.

It is unfortunate that the ryanair staffer couldnt do the same, or suggest the same.

PBH can spot the bullshít a mile off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

About time we got rid of him.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

signostic wrote: »
    I believe Ryanair offer you travel insurance when booking and if you refuse it they give you warning that you should not travel without insurance

That's ok then. So a few words on the site gives them cover to act like a55holes?

All I'm saying is they could have evaluated the situation and acted more sympathetically to the family. They weren't looking for free flights, they offered €100 per seat (on top of the fare they had already paid) to change seats to a flight with plenty of space and were told to cough up €720.

I just think it's really poor form given the circumstances.

She should have had travel insurance - especially for a family, that's for sure, but that's a separate issue.

You don't have to treat people with contempt to run a successful low cost airline. Ryanair seem to revel in treating people like ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Jesus, todays callers have done a real disservice to 'those at the bottom'. The best thing for Ireland might be for them to stay there.

Lads any update on the caller from a couple of weeks ago who was in debt yet she had 2 houses and didnt know how she ended up with one of them, and she wanted the bank to leave her with 20k to start again, i remember joe finished the show by saying he'd talk to her after the show

Joe will have no callers by the time he gets back. PBH is p1ssing off all the usual whingers.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Oh yeah Roy Keane:P

Doesn't Denis O'Brien pay half the Irish manager's salary?

We might have to settle for the Lansdowne Road janitor to take the job now that most of O'Brien's big cheques are being made out to Pat Kenny !

• Advertisement

Roy Keane, no thanks. Just no.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement