Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

His opinion that he'll use as a PIP PIMP for a 2 grand fee.
    Fixed that typo for you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"If you say 'stahtus', you ain't got any status."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mmm'kay:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"We work hard for all our clients, k......... #giveourbest #always"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

wont some one think of the rich people who have no money any more and cant afford their fake lifestyles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

An insolvent accountant is surely the ultimate ignominy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is this Brendan Burgess on ?

"buy bank shares by the bucket load"

Oh god, just put the phone down before you ruin your career.. I'm seeing a Roddy Molloy moment here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

What are "udder income people" ?

Dairy farmers???

Mary Wilson (reading a listener email): What happens to my home if I enter into a PIA?

Jim Stafford: Well, under the legislation the PIP is to try and keep the family in their family home if at all possible. The PIP will have to assess the existing mortgage on the family home, if it's a modest house, if it's a trophy house.

In practice, the PIP will also have to assess the type of house that might be needed for a professional person such as a solicitor, accountant or a hospital consultant as opposed to a house that's needed by someone who is in the PAYE sector for example, so that, as a PIP, I would be making a very strong case, for example, that a solicitor should have a bigger house that accords with his professional status in society so that his neighbours and clients can see that, yes, this person is a good solicitor who's is living in a good house etc. etc.

MW: Really?

JS: Absolutely. The same as for hospital consultants, people like that

MW: Despite the fact that he's insolvent?

JS: Despite the fact that he's insolvent, because remember, if we want the solicitor to continue to earn money or the accountant or the hospital consultant it's important that he has his tools of trade for example

MW: Well, he may need an office, but he hardly needs a palatial house in South County Dublin

JS: Believe me, the clients who we have on our books are insisting they continue to stay in their palatial houses, now, it's possible that some of them might have to down trade, but that all goes into the pot and at the end of the day the banks, the creditors have to agree to that process.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

He did it yesterday, I heard it yesterday. The dirt*TY pric***K.
    He said that the solicitors all "Needed to keep their homes to show to their neighbours that they earned money"

He needs a bigger shovel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I can smell the snobbery off this guy

arent there high income paye employees? im sure some of the chief execs of some of the large companies in this country are paye employees

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

vicwatson wrote: »
    Is this Brendan Burgess on ?

"buy bank shares by the bucket boot load"

FYP :)

yer man's company sent an emergency ambulance to take him off the radio. 'kay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

We need somebody to ring in to represent the self employed and the welfare classes. ps was that an ambulance for Jim . He is getting savaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

We the working folk at the grass roots are outraged Joe.

Disgrace Boucher Hayes

I can never understand why a Solicitor is lumped in with a Hospital Consultant, the latter has a guaranteed income of minimum €250,000.00 from the state, how are they the same?

Only the big Solicitor firms in Dublin have guaranteed income and that comes from Government business, but only the big firms get this work. There are tonnes of Solicitors struggling just like a PAYE worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

He is in the hole up to his neck at this stage...

here is mr staffords friend on now...

• Advertisement

"de hole interview"........Where did this guy come from?

one of jims mates ringing in

Is this man a client of his?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jims brother on now must be the rough one of the family, he doesn't have half the accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Take the Werthers Original out of your mouth please Jim.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Jims brother on now must be the rough one of the family, he doesn't have half the accent.
    Reminds me of Lisa Murphy and her dad on LLS a few years ago.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Jim must have missed the last 3 weeks of his elocution lessons.....hasn't quite got the full posh accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Did she just say pretty much the same as the other guys opening line ?

I bet she still owes him money. :D
    Those working class people always short change you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭DuckHook

Accident my hole...no way that man is going on the radio and wing it..he would have been prepared and now he is backtracking big style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement