Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

This guy should audition for the referendum adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lol, so it's not just me, I thought I was losing it... could hear the aliensThe Leader !!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

fella sounds likes hes taking a break from his cabbage and bacon tea before heading back out to milk the cows

• Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Feck's sake. Go next door and tell them to shut the feck up.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Banging the door and loud music, oh the humanity.

I wouldn't like living beside music blaring out at all hours. Would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Two shot gun blasts to the air .

That'll sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Go out for the day and leave the stereo blaring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Surely he could find out who the landlord is from the other neighbours or the guards... Or if he wanted urgent contact from the landlord, throw a brick through the front window..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Two shot gun blasts to the air .
    That'll sort it
    A landlord in Galway got convicted for trying to evict tenants with a shotgun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Surely he could find out who the landlord is from the other neighbours or the guards... Or if he wanted urgent contact from the landlord, throw a brick through the front window..

bit drastic?

• Advertisement

Go out for the day and leave the stereo blaring

A house of students left the radio blasting one day when Ronan Collins was on... The neighbour took out his shotgun and shot them all...

*disclaimer: the above may or may not have happened*

well philip theres a mickey & a gee between a john and a joan

A house of students left the radio blasting one day when Ronan Collins was on... The neighbour took out his shotgun and shot them all...

Loud music is one thing, but Ronan Collins would drive anybody to murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

I thought you were going to say he shot himself...

This one has a good point.
    Banks will take the hit if they sell the BTLs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

If I was buying an apartment I don't think I'd buy one in Nama, maybe Dublin or Galway but not in Nama!

why does everyone think that every property nama have is for sale. once payments are being made by the builder/developer/owner nama are happy to have the laon on the property and not force it into a sale

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I thought you were going to say he shot himself...

Ah jaysus, leave that stuff for when Joe is back! :D

Oh lovely, pics of his prostate.

Kevin Myers had prostate problems?

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    why does everyone think that every property nama have is for sale. once payments are being made by the builder/developer/owner nama are happy to have the laon on the property and not force it into a sale
    Because nama is a state agency keeping property price and rents high.
    If nama did not exist the cost of living in this country would be lower and the 'recovery' would come quicker

Just waiting for next caller:

PBH: "Caller, you rang in to say that you had the operation and it really wasnt that bad".
    Caller: "I did the fkn operation meself Philip, with a scalpel and a few spanners I bought in Lidl".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

The note, sorry mate we nicked your willy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Happened not to far from the city I lived in - a guy who was interesting in rifle ranges etc shot his neighbours when they wouldn't turn down the music...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

O Tools butchers is overrun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

A small aside - can anyone enlighten me on this Aubrey character who pops up here from time to time? I heard his ad on NT & wondered what he had done to merit mention......

Happened not to far from the city I lived in - a guy who was interesting in rifle ranges etc shot his neighbours when they wouldn't turn down the music...

Since when has Rathkeale been a city.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

washiskin wrote: »
    A small aside - can anyone enlighten me on this Aubrey character who pops up here from time to time? I heard his ad on NT & wondered what he had done to merit mention......

If you listen to Lahv Lahn when Joe returns, he'll most likely be one within a week as he's "Joe's Expert in Residence on Speeddial" on the subject matter of all things related to moving, relocation, repatriation etc.

Some auld wan was on LL one day lamenting how her her or daughter had to move to some foreign country as despite ow highly qualified he or she was in the mummy's eyes (prob. pass Leaving Cert knowing LL) the was no work for her precious here. Aubrey called in and on-air gave a price list to move pretty much every single household item you can think of to pretty much every single country in the world, and used his time on-air as much as he could to gain some free advertising by way of attempting to break the world record for getting the most free plugs re. his business into one segment ever. Imagine if you will a call like this:

Joe: how much to move a couch to Doo-buy?
    Aubrey: AMC Removals can move a couch to Dubai for €400.
    Joe: wow. and how much to move a bed to Stock-hullum?
    Aubrey: AMC Removals can move a bed to Stockholm for €300.
    Joe: well done, and how much to move a kitchen tale to Pay Roo?
    Aubrey: AMC Removals can move a kitchen table to Peru for €450.
    Joe: Well done, well done. And how much to move a wardrobe to Kai Row?
    Aubrey: AMC Removals can move a wardrobe to Cairo for €275.
    Joe: Wow. And how much to move some curtains to Liz Bonn?
    Aubrey: AMC Removals can move curtains to Lisbon for €85.
    Joe: Wow.

It went on like that forever. Aubrey broke the world plugging of a business record on that occasion, and has subsequently broken it or attempted to break it every time he's been on since.

But in true Lahv Lahn fashion, he gets on now at the slightest mention of someone going somewhere whether it's a permanent move or not; or if something happens in some country no-one's ever been to.

Example:
    Joe: Terrible news coming from outer-Oooze-beck-is-stan this morning when 2 chillers were robbed of their coddle. Aubrey on Line 1, you have experience of life in the region.
    Aubrey: Yes Joe, we in AMC removals have been moving coddle to Uzbekistan since the early 90s. At AMC removals, we will move anything from coddle to couches, cars to tractors, entire households, business etc, to anywhere in the world. AMC Removals have over 20 years experience...........and it goes on like that forever.

It is amusing watching the thread here though when he makes an appearance!

You have a thing for Aubrey don't you? :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

But the kick in the ba!!s for Liveline is as soon as aubreys company had enough money to run an advertisimg campaign, he took it to Newstalk!

I suppose when joe is giving it to him.for.free why would he pay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement