Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

this was a free event that wasnt just slapped together at the last minute. id say the planning and organisation to get flight clearence and planes took a lot of work. it is pure irish begrudgery. "they didnt send the planes through as quick as i wanted so its all bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

First time ever that Terry Prone has refused to take a phone call from RTE..

I thought that as well but she is now with the communications clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Stop MOANING and get a life, seriously.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just tuned in, are people moaning about the Flightfest event? What's their beef? It was free!!

Whats Joe's problem with Carr Communications?:D

they wont talk to him. joe expects represents of any organisation hes bashing to
    come on and take a one sided biased earful of abuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Did Kenny and Gilmore salute the Luftwaffe as they flew over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Joe,

we know you were working yesterday.. you've been off for the last two months ffs..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

ThisRegard wrote: »
    FFS, firstly, it wasn't an air show. Secondly, it was windy and they're lucky it wasn't as bad as it was that morning. Thirdly, the flights were over a city, not a big empty field around an isolated airfield. I could go on.

Joe, cut all 3 of them off while you're at it.
    Couldn't agree more. Let's move on to the camogie final. Great legs on display.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gordieboy04

neris wrote: »
    thats not pat murphy the fella who sailed around the world giving joe his expert oinion on everything again ?

99% sure it is. Third time I've heard him in if it is must b coming close to a record!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

neris wrote: »
    this was a free event that wasnt just slapped together at the last minute. id say the planning and organisation to get flight clearence and planes took a lot of work. it is pure irish begrudgery. "they didnt send the planes through as quick as i wanted so its all bad"

Who footed the bill - the Irish Aviation Authority - i.e. us. Another desperate attempt to shore up "The Gathering", just like throwing 20 million Euros at promoting tourism to Ireland between now and the end of the year. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

PauloMN wrote: »
    Just tuned in, are people moaning about the Flightfest event? What's their beef? It was free!!

Moaning about the gaps between the flights and some wanted to see air displays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

PauloMN wrote: »

They didn't fly low enough, the cafes were busy, and they had to look in the sky for some peculiar reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Let's move on to the camogie final. Great legs on display.:pac:

lovely girls with sticks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I wanted to see the jets fly under the bridges on the Liffey, Joe:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Bring back Fill-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Shame they weren't raked with gunfire from a world war whatever Spitfire.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Moaning about the gaps between the flights and some wanted to see air displays.

Oh ffs. It was perfectly clear on the website what was involved.

No pleasing some people!!

pat shut up and go sell some of your over priced sailing equipment so you can fund another long trip so we wont have to listen to you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Carr Communications are probably down in the FG Think In today

ThisRegard wrote: »
    They didn't fly low enough, the cafes were busy, and they had to look in the sky for some peculiar reason.

The cafes were busy.... please tell me someone didn't actually say that? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Apparently there was a long break in the middle of the show, when an chartered private jet DUFFY-1913 flew across their path on the way to Montrose..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Surveyor11

Not sure what people were expecting, it was a 'fly-by' (not 'air show') and with an estimated 150,000 people in a city the cafes were going to be packed. I enjoyed the event, as did my 7 year old. The transport could have been better, but that's for another day. This was arranged months ago and pulled on the goodwill of commercial, military and civilian aircraft owners. If people didn't enjoy it, the are free to leave and perhaps consider attending an 'Air-show' - different experience altogether (and you pay in).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Someone will surely come on now asking why there weren't 20 red arrows standing on each others shoulders on each wing of the plane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

signostic wrote: »
    lovely girls with sticks ;)

Of course they were lovely !

They were Galway girls. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I think windsor was built before heathrow Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Did he just ask why did they build Windsor Castle so close to the airport?? LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

FR IGGY...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Yeah.... Why was Windsor castle built to the ever present Heathrow Airport.

That airport was used in the Crusades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

From wiki:

Windsor Castle was originally built by William the Conqueror in the decade after the Norman conquest of 1066

Joe, I think the castle came before Heathrow.

• Advertisement

why did they build windsor close to heathrow??eh, em, um, eh well joe now id say when whatever king it was back in the day buidling windsor wasnt thinking about the airport that would come a few hundred years later

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement