Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

joe316 wrote: »
    From wiki:

Windsor Castle was originally built by William the Conqueror in the decade after the Norman conquest of 1066

Joe, I think the castle came before Heathrow.

well I dont know how the Normans could get planning with such a big airport nearby

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I think windsor was built before heathrow Joe.

Come on now give Joe a break we all know Heathrow was built in the 10th Century whereas Windsor castle was built in the 11th century:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Iggy Iggy Iggy, oy oy oy!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

neris wrote: »
    why did they build windsor close to heathrow??eh, em, um, eh well joe now id say when whatever king it was back in the day buidling windsor wasnt thinking about the airport that would come a few hundred years later

Whatever about that, they could have built the castle a bit closer to the M4 ffs. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

PauloMN wrote: »
    The cafes were busy.... please tell me someone didn't actually say that? :eek:

Yeah, the woman was complaining about everywhere being busy so it was hard to get in anywhere.

PBH would have told her to cop on, I miss him already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

neris wrote: »
    why did they build windsor close to heathrow??eh, em, um, eh well joe now id say when whatever king it was back in the day buidling windsor wasnt thinking about the airport that would come a few hundred years later

You beat me too it. Windsor and Heathrow, the thought's of a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

When I heard about Iggy yesterday and on this mornings news, I knew with certainty it would be discussed today if Joe was back.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

snubbleste wrote: »
    We went on a holiday paid for by other people and called it a charity venture

If you bothered your arse to look us up you would see that we funded the entire trip ourselves from our own pockets and fundraised for temple st by having events since January,,,but of course you didn't look us up...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

In fairness to Joe, the Windsor Castle/Heathrow reference is a joke, I've heard it before. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It's a bit like RTE, Joe, if you multiply the remuneration by about ten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

All these rebel priests should form a new organisation: the Continuity Catholic Church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Is there anything to be said for another mass? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    All these rebel priests should form a new organisation: the Continuity Catholic Church.

CCC sounds good, like the KKK.

Robert2012 wrote: »
    In fairness to Joe, the Windsor Castle/Heathrow reference is a joke, I've heard it before. :)

As with all good comedians the true genius is in the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Did I hear right, or something wrong with me wireless, Joe wasn't at flightfest yesterday because he was ''working'', at what may I ask, if so there will be a blue moon tonight:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

This is all a bit Father Ted isnt it... "He does a great mass, Joe"..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

is Fr Iggy a star priest?...golden cleric award contender...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"I heard he gives a great mass".

How long before someone posts a Father Ted meme here ? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is he being sent to Limerick as a punishment???

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

JM Skipton wrote: »
    As with all good comedians the true genius is in the delivery

He really should have saved it for FF, Syl would need extra oxygen for that one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,569 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Father Iggy off to Craggy Island?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Someone said "democracy" in the context of the Catholic church? Someone needs to have their rose-tinted spectacles removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

seems to be plenty of tickets left for the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Gaa have not missed the boat....80,000 will still attend...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I agree i think it is a disgrace having the all Ireland on a Saturday, it was always on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

The ladies final?? Is it not the women's final?? I hate that ladies crap, it is so patronising. :mad:

In fairness the ladies went mental last year when their game was moved and were promised it wouldn't happen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Tragedy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If the GAA weren't so greedy it would be extra time on the day - PERIOD, and no replay

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

If Galway were playing in an All Ireland Final I'd wouldn't care if it was played at 5 o clock in the morning if I was lucky enough to get my hands on a ticket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement