Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    It simply leaves me very uneasy, doing away with a tier of democratic structure, imperfect as it may be and however much in need of reform or restructuring.
    Doesn't leave me uneasy, Seanad is not democratic, only 1% of the people have a vote, this is the only time in 70years that ordinary people now have a say on this gravy train for reject politicians, and I say get rid, jobs for their pals and cronies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Voting no because he says he wants more representation ? I would be 99% vceratin he was no say in who goes into the seanad. Does he even know how someone gets elected into it ?

Edit again, damn Joe and I have some sort of synergy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

All walks of life.....that move in your circles Mr. Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,568 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    Doesn't leave me uneasy, Seanad is not democratic, only 1% of the people have a vote, this is the only time in 70years that ordinary people now have a say on this gravy train for reject politicians, and I say get rid, jobs for their pals and cronies.

What's needed is reform, not abolition. One chamber being in the control of some crazy bastard(s) is not democratic. The Seanad is fairly toothless and really needs veto power for it to be a viable part of this so-called democracy.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Only 8 minutes left for the whales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

But they will have great pensions

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Another genius on the airwaves.

Wft happened to boards? It just went all blank, and suddenly, I wasn't in Kansas any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Wft happened to boards? It just went all blank, and suddenly, I wasn't in Kansas any more.

Was wondering the same. My connection went down as Joe took a call from a man from China who turned out to be from Clare and was the token British caller of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Was wondering the same. My connection went down as Joe took a call from a man from China who turned out to be from Clare and was the token British caller of the show.

I was the same, I couldn't stop laughing as the China man became a Clare man, I thought I had broken the laptop in my mirth!!.....:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I was the same, I couldn't stop laughing as the China man became a Clare man, I thought I had broken the laptop in my mirth!!.....:D:D:D

Who said............"this shower are the worst government since the one":D

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Sligo Quay

What's needed is reform,.
    True, but it ain't going to happen, there have been over 6 reports on Seanad reform over the decades, it just didn't happen, political turkeys rejects voting for Christmas, its now time to bit the bullet and get rid of this gravy train, '' a house of lords'' Irish style, that's what it is, I just can't wait to cast my ''YES VOTE'' on October 4th, bring it on, I say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sligo Quay wrote: »
    True, but it ain't going to happen, there have been over 6 reports on Seanad reform over the decades, it just didn't happen, political turkeys rejects voting for Christmas, its now time to bit the bullet and get rid of this gravy train, '' a house of lords'' Irish style, that's what it is, I just can't wait to cast my ''YES VOTE'' on October 4th, bring it on, I say.

Same as that!

And I'll be thinking of Micheal ' I've forgotten thelast 20 years of fianna fail cronyism and treachery' Martins smug face when I'm doing it.

If that party are saying not to abolish the seanad, then that's enough to tell me to vote to get rid of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If that party (FF) are saying not to abolish the seanad, then that's enough to tell me to vote to get rid of it!

Usually, when it comes to a referendum, I wait and see what the Church has to say on the matter.....
    Then I vote the opposite way to what they advise. But it looks like I'm on my own this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The church having an interest in the workings of democracy would be novel !

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Have been on a Lahv Lahn hiatus for about 10 days....stupid question I know, but have I missed anything? Apart from the 2nd coming of our Lord (or Joe's return from holidays as it's more commonly known as)? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Feck. Forgot Joe was back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Jooooooooooooooooe !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

18,000 per year:eek:, better off on the dole mate.

Love Joe's feigned shock at these figures when it's pennies to him.

• Advertisement

Zero sympathy from me anyway.

18,000 per year:eek:, better off on the dole mate.

Joe thinks it's per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

IS HE BEING FORCED TO TAKE THE JOB?

I think 'Priory Hall' will have QSs foaming at the mouth. I'm of the opinion the QSs on that job were likely ignored by the shoddy constructors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

For a moment I was certain he was going to say it was a Jobbridge Internship.

Caller: The dole office told me I was entitled to nothing because my wife is earning, but Im not with her anymore.

So go back into them and tell them about your change in circumstances.

some people are morons.

Roger_007 wrote: »
    IS HE BEING FORCED TO TAKE THE JOB?

The caller or Joe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

They only noticed the mistake now:rolleyes:

Well he'll be in with a good shot for the job what with coming onto Lahv Lahn and dragging the company's name though the mud........

Not excusing them by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn's Joe self-employed?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement