Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Quick boardsies, let's spoil the poll.

Bit of a loaded question, "Are you supporting Arthurs day ". Well I'm not supporting it as I'll be at home, but I've nothing against it whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Joe is a bit slow on these txt poles after the shinners stood him up last year, that was so funny!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Text sent. Expecting a call any second :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I dont know where Joe stands on this one.. I think he's FOR Arthur's Day.. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I'm not wasting a cent on those polls.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Joe is looking for a new sponsor

http://www.rte.ie/radio/advertising/content/pdf/RTE%20Radio%201%20Liveline%202013.pdf

Lyons ain't renewing !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe pushing for no vote unsurprisingly. What has booze ever done to joe? Was it coz he was locked on 1 can of harp on his 25th birhday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

miketv wrote: »
    Joe is a bit slow on these txt poles after the shinners stood him up last year, that was so funny!

I uploaded that one..

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I haven't heard a single one of them who is looking for more money.

Look you, same rules go for the Joe show, we'll have no such balanced views around here.

To be fair, nobody asked for more money, but the gist of the arguments have been that they have to pay for their own fuel and transport and it's costing money to get there. The logical conclusion to their argument is that they either get more money to cover the costs or travelling expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Ah, Hungarian dentists. Always my favorite part of the ploughing championships.

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »

Specsavers used to sponsor liveline?? You think theyd have read boards before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

neris wrote: »
    Joe pushing for no vote unsurprisingly. What has booze ever done to joe? Was it coz he was locked on 1 can of harp on his 25th birhday
    The Leg, neris, the Leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Look you, same rules go for the Joe show, we'll have no such balanced views around here.

To be fair, nobody asked for more money, but the gist of the arguments have been that they have to pay for their own fuel and transport and it's costing money to get there. The logical conclusion to their argument is that they either get more money to cover the costs or travelling expenses.

I seem to be condemned to be the (unwelcome) voice of reason today....

The other conclusion is that some brainbox in the relevant department could join the dots and stop sending people on a two hour round trip to minister to someone for 30 minutes (when they should really be doing an hour).

These people are borderline saints IMO for doing that job in the first place, never mind being actually out of pocket when you get back home in the evening after work :mad:

ETA - I've just realised I forgot to take my Lahv Line immunity pills today. Double dose tomorrow, I promise, and normal thread service will be resumed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I've just texted "Why".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The only difference between Arthurs day and every other day is that it has a name and its not named after a saint. Paddys day is a bigger piss up

i nearly know that barry gibb ad off by heart. Its nearly up there with tom crean.

STOP MISUSING "SO TO SPEAK" :mad:

/goes postal/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Caused a few problems in the Duffy household according to the buke

Fianna Fail are against it. FF chasing the populist vote? Well I nevver.

Joe:"Mary, you voted woy?"
    Mary:"Yes Joe"
    Joe:"Woy Mary?"
    Mary:"Why what Joe?"
    Joe:"Woy woy Mary?"

Guinness is not a traditional Irish company. They are owned by Diageo which is er British or something

Guiness are competing with budweiser? Dont guiness brew that horse piss in ireland

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I seem to be condemned to be the (unwelcome) voice of reason today....

The other conclusion is that some brainbox in the relevant department could join the dots and stop sending people on a two hour round trip to minister to someone for 30 minutes (when they should really be doing an hour).

I know, I know. I fully agree with you that the sort of joined up thinking you propose should be the first thing anyone assigning carers should go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The only difference between Arthurs day and every other day is that it has a name and its not named after a saint. Paddys day is a bigger piss up

i nearly know that barry gibb ad off by heart. Its nearly up there with tom crean.

I always thought Paddy's Day was named after the whiskey?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad:Sick of these social police around the place, in 50 years time we wont be able to have 1 pint of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I would take up arms against a Budweiser Day

Is their a referendum on arthurs day?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

I never need an excuse to drink alcohol!

Is Joe trying to make his show relevant or something? Maybe pay negotiations are upcoming..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

"Telly pole"

"We were right on the 2 previous referenda"

Or was that the telly voters Joe?

Good point, you would have to drink an almighty amount of guinness to end up in A&E from it.

• Advertisement

Guiness are competing with budweiser? Dont guiness brew that horse piss in ireland
    They don't compete really with budweiser, more with the weather!
    Weather good = guinness sales down, bud up
    Weather bad = guinness sales up, bud down

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement