Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What the hell is this?????? Haven't been able to listen in ages and its a sneaky unFunny Friday/Thursday! ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No chance of a runaway combine I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I can't stand it.
    Bye.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Its funny thursday.

Didnt get that joke about the truth machine.

Bye folks.

P.S. If any one is reading this in Athlone Im having a few pints to celebrate Arthurs day. I also know almost no-one in athlone. Drop me a PM if you want to celebrate this binge-drinking encouraging day together.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Will be interesting to see how many of us will be logging into this thread today. I think last month's un-funny Friday fetched seven contributors.Seven too much, I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Ah flippit! I forgot.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

coolhull wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how many of us will be logging into this thread today. I think last month's un-funny Friday fetched seven contributors.Seven too much, I feel.

Seven contributors who said "Ah feck its unfunny friday"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is it Friday already?

WTF Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

In fairness I'm going to give it a listen today, I think its time I stopped being so negative about FF

I have been drinking since Dubs won the all ireland

Sounds no more like Davy Fitz than a bus crash

• Advertisement

Ill leave yis too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

JM Skipton wrote: »
    In fairness I'm going to give it a listen today, I think its time I stopped being so negative about FF

I have been drinking since Dubs won the all ireland

I hope you have a bottle of whiskey left to go with the shotgun you'll be reaching for soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

I can't stand this nonsense - all I can hear is one auld wan talking Irish and Joe going yeh yeh, bye boardsies - I'd rather stick matchsticks in my eyes than listen to this

• Registered Users Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hah, it's been on half an hour, and about 10 posts. Sez it all.

Thank goodness I'm on the luas without earphones!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

pure sh1te, they should have paid PK the extra dosh and cancelled this crap..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The jokes are flatter than a field after the first cut of silage. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Why ?

Why the fup am I listening to " funny Friday " on a Thursday ?

It's fecking wrong as it is !

Off to the podcasts for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Funny Friday" can seriously damage your health. At 1:45 this afternoon, in my haste to switch over to Newstalk, I very nearly drove off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

They are going to do an X-Factor on it. Some of the talent is bad enough to get on the real thing. I always find Doc Savage laughing at his own jokes very annoying. If a comedian has to laugh at their own jokes, there is something wrong, especially when there is even less laughing from the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

My first time listening to liveline in nearly three months and I see the "comedians" are still laughing at their own jokes more than the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

He was invisible when the Sam was presented to the Dublin Captain last Sunday.....

:(.........

You would want to be "on your ear" to listen to that rubbish...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Some of the songs and poems today would not look out of place on Play School......I choose to throw Joe through the arched window

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

If you have been affected by any of the issues discussed on today's edition of LiveLine.....

Then go get yourself a few pints, ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

This is some ego inflating hogwash in the indo this afternoon. Duffy full of his own self importance and value to rte. Im starting to get convinced duffys contract is up for renewal and hes ****ting his pants he,ll be taken off air or taken out of rte with no where to go. Id strongly advise against scrolling through the pictures in the article

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/ploughing-championships/rte-star-joe-duffy-a-hit-with-ploughing-crowd-29613274.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

neris wrote: »
    This is some ego inflating hogwash in the indo this afternoon. Duffy full of his own self importance and value to rte. Im starting to get convinced duffys contract is up for renewal and hes ****ting his pants he,ll be taken off air or taken out of rte with no where to go. Id strongly advise against scrolling through the pictures in the article

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/ploughing-championships/rte-star-joe-duffy-a-hit-with-ploughing-crowd-29613274.html

I think philip ( can never remember he's full name) filling in for joe for the three weeks really put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Before that duffys holidays were never covered by anyone with any real style for presenting the show.

Damian jumped from one topic to something totally different and then back again. Duffy had nothing to fear there.

I found philip unbiased, not up he's own arse, no agendas, and actually listens to the callers. Hes everything that duffy isn't. At probably quarter of the waged.

He would be the perfect replacement!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,554 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Dear gawd, that pic of June Rodgers nearly had me reaching for the Alka-Seltzer.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Dear gawd, that pic of June Rodgers nearly had me reaching for the Alka-Seltzer.

I told ya

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Dan Jaman wrote: »

This is what i was reaching for

harpoon_gun.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

neris wrote: »
    I told ya
    Ah sure you know full well telling someone not to look at the pictures is like this: father-dougal-presses-the-button_zpsda8bcc21.gif

• Advertisement

Theres two things in that indo article that shows how out of touch joe is with what people like and makes good listening and viewing in todays world

“It’s old style humour and people love it, Joe explained.
    The broadcaster subscribes to the same theory as Mrs Brown creator, Brendan O’Carroll, who says there’s an absence in TV schedules for such comedy."

Most people dont want old style humour. That old style humour reminds me of badly put together tv clips of old comedy shows from the 70s and comes across as childish immature schoolboy clowning around.

In the photos in the article the crows are all middle aged and olðer. Theres no one under 50 in the pics apart from afew kids who were told to sit down and shut up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement