Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

I empathise with you but please stop saying "ya know"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Has she tried getting a job?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I think there's probably more to Elizabeth's story than what she's explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Hold on.

She lives in a B & B!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Somthing odd here with her. What woman is happy to leave her kids with a violent husband and then all joyful that shes a hovel to live in and doesn't have her kids.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

We are very lucky in this country, i lived in a small town in Canada and there were more homeless people there than would be in Dublin, read in the local paper that there were 1300 homeless people there and that was a place of around 80,000 people.
    Could not believe it, so we are very lucky here for the most part with the services we offer the homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

AK333 wrote: »
    This sounds like a party policitical speech or from someone with an special interest

Not really man, i'm just a normal Joe soap who actually read the referendum doc and is not swayed the lies like "It costs too much", "It doesn't have any power".

Seriously, Just have a read of the the refendum leaflet, it's not just about the Seanad going away. They are taking away all checks and balances on the Govt.

Do you agree with the Dáil getting all that power without anyone to challenge them (especially on EU matters) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She didnt like the weather much did she..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

mada999 wrote: »
    Not really man, i'm just a normal Joe soap who actually read the referendum doc and is not swayed the lies like "It costs too much", "It doesn't have any power".

Seriously, Just have a read of the the refendum leaflet, it's not just about the Seanad going away. They are taking away all checks and balances on the Govt.

Do you agree with the Dáil getting all that power without anyone to challenge them (especially on EU matters) ?

Yeah, cos The Seanad is always challenging The Dail, isn't it? :rolleyes:

We are very lucky in this country, i lived in a small town in Canada and there were more homeless people there than would be in Dublin, read in the local paper that there were 1300 homeless people there and that was a place of around 80,000 people.
    Could not believe it, so we are very lucky here for the most part with the services we offer the homeless.

I remember hearing years ago that Dublin actually had enough beds for homeless people and I couldn't believe that it was almost like a secret.

Now I don't know if that has changed, but I remember (actual) homeless people before on Liveline claiming they didn't want to go hostels due to the fact that had security cameras or something.

It's worth people knowing the facts of these things if we are to help those in need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"No checks and balances". Yeah but, whichever party has a majority in the Dail also has a majority in the Seanad. So where do the checks and balances come in?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I got one of these a few weeks ago, was on the phone for 3 minutes before they spoke English, twas all in Irish at the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I remember hearing years ago that Dublin actually had enough beds for homeless people and I couldn't believe that it was almost like a secret.

Now I don't know if that has changed, but I remember (actual) homeless people before on Liveline claiming they didn't want to go hostels due to the fact that had security cameras or something.

It's worth people knowing the facts of these things if we are to help those in need.
    I have heard the main reason for people not wanting to go into hostels is the drug culture and violence in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

not frightened of JB...did he ever have a really close look at her?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Security questions - what's the problem?
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Dublin wag...

Security questions that sounds like if you have to ring. Whats his point

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Has this guy been drinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Good luck with that, Seanad played a blinder for the Bank Guarantee and the liquidation of Anglo:rolleyes:. If the governement wants something to go through it will go through regardless of checks and balances. Powerless is a good word to describe it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Ur mutters mutters mutter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I remember a conversation along these exact lines a few years ago.... why does Joe/the producers pander to these ridiculous callers?

Is he being thick for the sake of it :confused:

Can you imagine how Stephen Ireland would have answered that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

This is the closest in a while, I bet, that Duffer got to saying "Well whaddia moanin' about?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Some loon on the phone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

"What do you call your left testicle?"
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Stop wasting time with this eejit.

Holiday in bray? Sounds like hell beirut sounds more fun

What made up my mind was that Kenny claimed the red herring of "it didn't stop the Celtic Tiger".

Playing to the idiot mob, lest they forget, neither did he!

And now Edna won't even debate the matter!

The best way to get rid of the likes of Ivana Bacik would be to not vote for Labour, Ealy Heames, not vote for Fine Gael.etc.

The best way to save money is to give all politicians, judges, upper civil servants pay and pension cuts, not abolish part of the legislature.

Vote No.

Your man sounds like a posh bloke putting on a salt o d earth wurkin dub accent to get on with joe

• Advertisement

I bet they all love him in his local in Letterkenny. Loud Jackeen with sparkling wit :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement