Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,549 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

I think I saw him, or somebody like him, in Clonmel a few years ago. Really didn't look healthy at all.
    Feck, at that time I was 22 stones and felt crap, Christ knows what 40 stones feels like.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Beds are the last thing they need at that clinic.. an exercise bike or two might be more beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

hes 40 stone lives at home with his mammy and single. wonder why that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You're 40 stone, you're not a bit healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

I'm healthy apart from the morbid obesity :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

It is still possible for him to lose weight, the fact he is saying "I can't" is the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"And de depression tells you to stay in bed, and de depression tells you not to do anything, and de depression tells you to turn on radio one at 1.45pm"

JM Skipton wrote: »
    It is still possible for him to lose weight,
    Yep.
    the fact he is saying "I can't" is the problem
    Yep.

Got the t-shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

How uplifting.

Bring back Larry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Yep.

Yep.

Got the t-shirt.

Fair play,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I love it (not) when two callers get completely sidetracked into an effectively private conversation that the whole country then gets to listen to, while Joe presumably goes off and makes a cup of tea.....

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Fair play,
    It was an XXXXXXXXXXl :D

The second Joe hangs up he'll be ringing Dominos..

there was a lad on the ray darcy show who couldnt weigh himself was somthing like 40 stone aswell and managed to loose a load of weight going to a clinic and excercising. this guy thinks the hse should sort him out? get up of your lazy fat ass and do somthing about it yourself. Being fat is a "medical" condition you can fix yourself. Its not like a brain tumour or failed kidney

Does nobody in RTE not have the cop on to not let a hoarse man present a radio show... I mean they try and tell us on one hand how their "stars" are worth the money their paid, and then think it's adequate to allow a man who cant speak to stand in for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

neris wrote: »
    there was a lad on the ray darcy show who couldnt weigh himself was somthing like 40 stone aswell and managed to loose a load of weight going to a clinic and excercising. this guy thinks the hse should sort him out? get up of your lazy fat ass and do somthing about it yourself. Being fat is a "medical" condition you can fix yourself. Its not like a brain tumour or failed kidney[/
    quote]

Its the entitlement culture kicking in again. Who else can i blame and who else can i get to sort it out without having to do anything or spend anything myself

there was a lad on the ray darcy show who couldnt weigh himself was somthing like 40 stone aswell and managed to loose a load of weight going to a clinic and excercising. this guy thinks the hse should sort him out? get up of your lazy fat ass and do somthing about it yourself. Being fat is a "medical" condition you can fix yourself. Its not like a brain tumour or failed kidney[/
    quote]

Its the entitlement culture kicking in again. Who else can i blame and who else can i get to sort it out without having to do anything or spend anything myself

I know and thats whats really annoying about him. He said he went to his mates bar in the evenings and he still lives at home with his mammy. bet he aint drinking water down the mates pub and mammy fusses over him. He said hes started "eating the healthy stuff again" so hes been eating crap knocking back the booze and thinks the hse should get him back to weight. Its a total cop out. doctors should tell him to fu ck off and read dr atkins or somthing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭avfc1874

I know and thats whats really annoying about him. He said he went to his mates bar in the evenings and he still lives at home with his mammy. bet he aint drinking water down the mates pub and mammy fusses over him. He said hes started "eating the healthy stuff again" so hes been eating crap knocking back the booze and thinks the hse should get him back to weight. Its a total cop out. doctors should tell him to fu ck off and read dr atkins or somthing
    joe should have brought mad larry on from yesterday. larry could have come on and told yer man 40st:eek:. my first car didn't weigh 40st:eek:. my two grannys and best friend and my favorite pet didn't weigh 40st all together

Is there any more an annoying, condescending person in politics than Peter Matthews ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Hitchens

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Is there any more an annoying, condescending person in politics than Peter Matthews ?

Pee Flynn? :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes.
    De whole Green Party, Brian Hayes, Lucinda Creighton, Beverly Flynn..infacta there are loadsa condescending wafflers.
    At least Mathews is intelligent and actually educates people to his point of view.

Pee Rabbitte? :P

Hitchens wrote: »
    Pee Flynn? :P

Mammy O'Rourke? :P

Stop already! :D

snubbleste wrote: »
    Yes.
    At least Mathews is intelligent and actually educates people to his point of view.

But that's the thing, he has this air that he's educating, nay telling people, things and constantly interrupts interviewers to tell them they're wrong or not listening to what his point is. At least with the other eejits they're not so obvious in their disdain and opinion that everyone else don't know as much as they do.

But that's the thing, he has this air that he's educating, nay telling people, things and constantly interrupts interviewers to tell them they're wrong or not listening to what his point is. At least with the other eejits they're not so obvious in their disdain and opinion that everyone else don't know as much as they do.
    Someone has to tell the journos the truth and not what they want to hear and someone has to educate the voters to stop them re-electing parish pump politicians

snubbleste wrote: »
    Someone has to tell the journos the truth and not what they want to hear and someone has to educate the voters to stop them re-electing parish pump politicians

You sound just like him :)

You sound just like him !
    *adjusts specs and tie*

Trees being interfered with in Co. Fingal

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

1000 trees today

• Advertisement

Isn't there a local Dublin station for this nonsense?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement