Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Is Mr Hoarse called it a day, then? Not surprised, that must have been a strain.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

How about they all go on operation transformation. A few weeks with Dr Ava and they would never eat again.
    feck with all that talk about roses im dying for a sweet now

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

How about they all go on operation transformation. A few weeks with Dr Ava and they would never eat again.
    feck with all that talk about roses im dying for a sweet now

If you're anything like your username, then I reckon you could eat away to your heart's content!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

Today's show certainly was of PPI award-winning calibre

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Today's show (well, the little bits I heard of it) was a pure disgrace!

First, Joe screeching at high-doh at someone having the TEMERITY to call his snide remark sarcasm (I thought the caller put it very politely, actually, what I heard was positively dripping in sarcasm). Then a while later, slagging off and practically abusing another caller when he accused - no, not even accused, just remarked about the fact that - the mainstream media wouldn't entertain his story/report about tree-cutting by the council (at least I think that was what his story was - between driving, and nearly crashing at the sheer obnoxiousness of Joe, I can't clearly remember!). Thank goodness I couldn't listen in to any more of the show, or I might have burst a blood vessel.

You wouldn't get it in a playschool. How is that tolerated, and even apparently encouraged, on NATIONAL RADIO?

And worse, why do we all still tune in?

For the first time ever, I feel an email coming on, to the head of programming of RTE or whoever might take a bit of notice, to let them know that one person anyway thinks that Joe ain't fit to be let loose on the airwaves any more.

:mad:

And to think that Lilian Smith is no longer broadcasting. Something wrong there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Hitchens wrote: »
    every minister for health is usually morbidly obese, what hope have the rest of us? :D

Thats why they are concentrating on the smokers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Joe's interest in differently weighted people might have something to do with that guy who Miriam fills in for being sick. Unlike Joe to take advantage of someone else's misfortune...

I'm sure he thinks to himself, 'I'm too big for radio'.

ps: Miriam and Tom McGurk!?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

withless wrote: »
    Joe's interest in differently weighted people might have something to do with that guy who Miriam fills in for being sick. Unlike Joe to take advantage of someone else's misfortune...

I'm sure he thinks to himself, 'I'm too big for radio'.

ps: Miriam and Tom McGurk!?

What would John Murray have to do with morbidly obese??? He's a fine upstanding fairly slim guy, last I saw of him anyway! (with a severe dose of arthritis if memory serves - he wrote an article about it in the IT a couple of years back - hope he's ok, he's been gone a VERY long time now......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 TheBorderFox1

Philip Boucher-Hayes for the gig - end of story, mannerly, educated, interesting, sounds very interested, respectful and most of all an excellent choice for this radio slot.

Philip Boucher-Hayes for the gig - end of story, mannerly, educated, interesting, sounds very interested, respectful and most of all an excellent choice for this radio slot.

http://philipboucher-hayes.com/
    Interesting piece on there right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    What would John Murray have to do with morbidly obese??? He's a fine upstanding fairly slim guy, last I saw of him anyway! (with a severe dose of arthritis if memory serves - he wrote an article about it in the IT a couple of years back - hope he's ok, he's been gone a VERY long time now......)

Murray presented Operation Transformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I have a feeling that PBH may not want to do the show on a permanent basis having to listen to endless whinging, the entitlement classes and "what ever you are having yourself" (thats a regular quote from another well paid weekend presenter), as he (PBH) may end up as described below...still not excuse for Duffy`s behaviour.
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Today's show (well, the little bits I heard of it) was a pure disgrace!

First, Joe screeching at high-doh at someone having the TEMERITY to call his snide remark sarcasm (I thought the caller put it very politely, actually, what I heard was positively dripping in sarcasm). Then a while later, slagging off and practically abusing another caller when he accused - no, not even accused, just remarked about the fact that - the mainstream media wouldn't entertain his story/report about tree-cutting by the council (at least I think that was what his story was - between driving, and nearly crashing at the sheer obnoxiousness of Joe, I can't clearly remember!). Thank goodness I couldn't listen in to any more of the show, or I might have burst a blood vessel.

You wouldn't get it in a playschool. How is that tolerated, and even apparently encouraged, on NATIONAL RADIO?

And worse, why do we all still tune in?

For the first time ever, I feel an email coming on, to the head of programming of RTE or whoever might take a bit of notice, to let them know that one person anyway thinks that Joe ain't fit to be let loose on the airwaves any more.

And to think that Lilian Smith is no longer broadcasting. Something wrong there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What show?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Who the fcuk cares what the show is like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

THE SET

THE SET

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

What show?

Doherty and McColgans new dance extravaganza combo of Irish dance and salsa etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

I take it Joe didn't get free tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

The set.... the set..... the set is all wet Joe.

Sure... sure.... sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Joe never likes when his luvvie friends are criticised does he.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

What would a AA roadwatch person know about dance?

• Advertisement

Riverdance thirty-five times?
    Mad, Ted, that's just mad.

35 times

attachment.php?attachmentid=65521&d=1377691686

You see... young people are wearing tights these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

On their feet, leaving early?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Did he say Yvonne`s line dropped dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Honestly, why is this even a segment ? A critic gives their review, people disagree, move fupping on. Why is Joe entertaining this nonsense ?

So.... in other news....

... dance shows makes old ladies 'ginies tingle.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Honestly, why is this even a segment ? A critic gives their review, people disagree, move fupping on. Why is Joe entertaining this nonsense ?

Step up from trees and fat lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God I couldn't care less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

What a waste of airtime.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement