Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 20/7/2013 to 12/10/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Sub theme to today's show:

FG - bad
    FF- amazeballs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

If its gob****es like that woman that are on the Constitutional Convention, we are ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Afternoon boardsies. Been away for a few weeks, did I miss anything of note?

Was hoping for Love/Hate OUTRAGE today :(

Ah here, now - that might be a bit topical. Can't be having that.

Just read through Friday's thread - thanks be to God I missed that one :eek:

goose2005 wrote: »
    Also rape on Downton Abbey, although even that might be too highbrow for Joe's callers

Rape? Or Downton Abbey? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Zzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

Do these people know anything? The Seanad cannot stop something being passed by the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

God that woman has a terrible memory if she forgot about the Seanad referendum twice in an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

funny sounding Cavan accent

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Haven't had a token English accent in a while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Declan Ganley talking through a hanky.

• Advertisement

"I follow politics as a hobby Joe"

Meet Mr. Excitement. Fine Athlone accent on him too. :rolleyes:

Kenny was a no show at that film the girl with no arms or legs made

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

What power were the gubberment grabbing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Rehashing this ****e. Doesn't bode we'll for the rest of the week.
    And just in case Joe wants to know I haven't got a vote for the Seanad either.

What a shame all these people weren't worried about the government of the day when they gave carte blanche to the bankers/developers. Stop worrying about Ms Creighton, she's a big girl, she'll manage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"The power grab"

Do any of these people have a brain themselves or do they just regurgitate every phrase they hear Ray D'Arcy utter... To be a power grab, the Seanad would have had to have some power in the first place.

Joe must have been on to all of the FF branches around the country to get all of these concerned citizens to call in and engage in FG and Enda bashing today.

I note Joe never points out that "we are where we are" because of FF, Bertie and Biffo's actions over the course of the previous 3 FF-led govt's.

I'm only angry between the hours of 1:45pm to 3pm, Monday to Friday. I'm not hanging around the street very often though so maybe I don't meet the criteria of a man on the street.

I must admit, the ballot papers were a shambles. Lots of people had problems with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

If you are confused by the ballot papers from last Friday you are too stupid to be awarded a vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Jesus, can people not just skip the Irish sentences and read the English ones? For the love of god ....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Is this a party political broadcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

God he cut her off quick enough when it didn't suit him to let her say what way she voted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Its hilarious that that last woman mentioned the government bringing in the property tax, if the seanad had been carrying all the checks and balances that everyone keeps talking about the property tax wouldn't have gone through

Get a load of this,
    http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/10/07/the-boycat/

It'll make a great show if we get someone on to talk about Love/Hate. We know Joe hates it, he's written about it enough time in his articles, but will he give it air time on the basis he doesn't want to give it more publicity ?

If you are confused by the ballot papers from last Friday you are too stupid to be awarded a vote.

I'd have to disagree with you. I think they were confusing. Or maybe it was just where I was voting :o

12 minutes in and we have the first gobsh1te of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

It made me angry seeing David Norris celebrating on the news Saturday night.. Like everything was alright now that the Seanad had been rescued... He should have resigned when it became clear that he wrote a letter on Seanad headed paper to plead for clemency for a sex abuser, purporting to be representing the view of the Irish people. David Norris is a good guy, but he should have resigned after this serious breach of trust..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Are we really this dumb? It should be so shocking but here it is presented to us everyday at 1.45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

just tuned in was expecting joe to be slating love/hate but he must have been given a good talking to after his rundown on it last year and told never to mention the show and stick to safe topics that he cant slate rte in

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement